The QB the Pats. picked...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The QB the Pats. picked......

sceeto

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Let me say, I really like Beck and I've said several times that I like Henne's pro-potential and they both have all my support and hope that at least one will turn out to be a great QB for us in the future.

With that said, I've been watching some clips of Kevin O'connell, the QB the Pats picked, since the draft.... and I gotta' tell you... he looks really good! I know the competition argument thing but, he looks like he has a really good NFL kind of style. I've seen him make some incredible NFL type throws. Besides coming from a smaller school, there must be a reason he flew so far under the radar. I have to watch more film on him for sure, but I pray they didn't do it again(finding a incredible QB in the later rounds...T. Brady) I don't want to wish failure on anybody(well maybe all the AFC east teams..:D) but, he looks pretty good.

I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on him........

He will probably be good if Belichick stays and they know what the other team is doing on every play.

Let me say, I really like Beck and I've said several times that I like Henne's pro-potential and they both have all my support and hope that at least one will turn out to be a great QB for us in the future.

With that said, I've been watching some clips of Kevin O'connell, the QB the Pats picked, since the draft.... and I gotta' tell you... he looks really good! I know the competition argument thing but, he looks like he has a really good NFL kind of style. I've seen him make some incredible NFL type throws. Besides coming from a smaller school, there must be a reason he flew so far under the radar. I have to watch more film on him for sure, but I pray they didn't do it again(finding a incredible QB in the later rounds...T. Brady) I don't want to wish failure on anybody(well maybe all the AFC east teams..:D) but, he looks pretty good.

I was wondering what your guys thoughts are on him........

well then... lucky for us (i guess) that he's stuck behind such a good QB... at least that means he likely won't go to another one of our rivals!

Brady sucked in college and he will probably go back to sucking since the Pats supposedly won't be allowed to cheat anymore. Hopefully Billisuck will be fired after the May 13th meeting and my sport can get a little credibility and fairness about it once again.

Kevin O'Connell was the QB i was hoping the fins would pick up in the later rounds.:boohoo:
Oh well you win some you lose some.
I guess Henne will have to do since Parcells has a mancrush for the guy.

O'Connell will make a much better backup than Cassel ever was

he's mobile, got good size, and has pretty good intangibles

Last Wed and Thurs this kid started skyrocketing up the draft boards on about half the teams in the league. Mayock was the only "TV GUY" who gave him any pub at all at anytime early on in the whole "draft process".

He might end up being the 2nd or 3rd best QB of this draft when its all said and done. This kid IS the real deal. And getting picked by the Patriots who make few mistakes when it comes to the draft just proves it

Yeah maybe O'Connell will replace Brady sometime in the next 5-7 years??....seems like a wasted pick to me.

Last Wed and Thurs this kid started skyrocketing up the draft boards on about half the teams in the league. Mayock was the only "TV GUY" who gave him any pub at all at anytime early on in the whole "draft process".

He might end up being the 2nd or 3rd best QB of this draft when its all said and done. This kid IS the real deal. And getting picked by the Patriots who make few mistakes when it comes to the draft just proves it

it wouldn't even PROVE it if they made no draft mistakes....did the Patriots drafting Chad Jackson prove anything with him?

He has just as good a chance of being the best QB in this draft as anyone else at this point....but his chances aren't any better because he was drafted by the Pats and will spend the forseeable future holding a clipboard.

Back
Top Bottom