the QB, the WRs... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the QB, the WRs...

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
Just to note a few things:

CC out and the new CC not signed yet and Orande out is no excuse.

Fiedler played last year without CC, with an OG on crutches and Ward with back spasm and that excuse was not valid. I do not want to hear it now. Plus with his inaccuracy it would not have mattered anyways.

Rust? Gimme a break...I heard all about the preseason numbers against second stringers....yet Fiedler was bashed for performing against 1st stringers (Lions or not).

Where was the rust on the TD drive?

I saw Ray for two years in camp and preseason...close up. I always said that he has no accuracy, no touch and has no composure (did any of you see that little girly fit he threw on the sideline?). I was really hoping to be wrong.....I was hopping that for two years I observed wrong.....

I noted that the real loss was Fiedler....yet I thought that this was the game for us to win. We faced a secondary with NO....nada..INTs so far....a secondary which ranks anong the worst. Rust or no rust, timing or no timing.....thgis game should not have been close...we should have torn them a new "hole".

I am one of the more positive homers...rarely a loss gets me down or to the point where I say..OMG...I always knew that we will start a new little streak.

Today I left the stadium in a trance. I realized that our next game is in Green Bay (even with Fiedler a stretch to win), then we have to go the rejuvenated Jets. By the time we play at home again (in 4 weeks) we could be looking at a 5-4 record.

Then we have the Ravens and the Chargers (which seem to be real this year)....it could become bottomless.

By the time Fiedler returns we could be looking at a 5-6 record maybe 6-5.....

I know Ray will do better in Green Bay...can he do worse? I doubt it. The worse is: the 13-33 stat does not include any drops by WRs...there were none....it does not include good defensive plays....it was horrendous........for the first time I feel down....

I hate to say to all Jay bashers: watch what you wish for.....

I counted a few drops.. R-Mac had one, and I think Ward had another.. but your right..

There was no excuse for such a pitiful performance by a QB...

I think Cris Carter may be reconsidering now.. He only wanted to play for the fins cuz he thought they were SuperBowl caliber.. We are with Fiedler, but Im not so sure with Lucas...

I hope he proves me wrong in the following weeks..

before GB, we can only hope that the coaches spend countless hours lecturing Lucas on getting rid of the ball and tucking it under rather than waiting forever and throwing horrendously conceived passes. The coaches need to line up and give it to Ricky and bring in Minor or Edwards to give it to, but Ray should throw no more than 15 passes in GB; reverses will have to wait for Jay's return as well.

Chris Carter may not want to be the starter til Jay returns, but he is a good blocker and we can us him ag. a weak run D like GB.

At least McDrops did not live up to his :evil: nickname - he looked pretty solid.

Originally posted by dolphan39
before GB, we can only hope that the coaches spend countless hours lecturing Lucas on getting rid of the ball and tucking it under rather than waiting forever and throwing horrendously conceived passes. The coaches need to line up and give it to Ricky and bring in Minor or Edwards to give it to, but Ray should throw no more than 15 passes in GB; reverses will have to wait for Jay's return as well.

Chris Carter may not want to be the starter til Jay returns, but he is a good blocker and we can us him ag. a weak run D like GB.

At least McDrops did not live up to his :evil: nickname - he looked pretty solid.
personally, i hope sage is put in as a starter!

Cris Carter will not reconsider.

Being the veteran that he is, Cris Carter knows that this is a LONG season. He also knows that it's important to get hot DOWN THE STRETCH. And that's when Fiedler is due to return.....and when Carter will most likely make an impact....down the stretch.

maybe Carter can settle Lucas down. I thought having Ward out there would help, but Wards sucked, too. Somebody betta check Ward (ok this is a bit harsh for Ward) and Lucas' closets to make sure there is not Jets' paraphenalia left in there.

Originally posted by dolphan39
maybe Carter can settle Lucas down. I thought having Ward out there would help, but Wards sucked, too. Somebody betta check Ward (ok this is a bit harsh for Ward) and Lucas' closets to make sure there is not Jets' paraphenalia left in there.
after watching lucas, none of the others looked that bad, and i have been saying all along i wanted minor to return punts, he's looked pretty good the last 2 games:eek: :cool:

Dear God, people ... will you calm down? After the draining Denver game and a week's worth of pressure on Lucas, I would have been mildly surprised with a win. This isn't the end of the world. Check the standings and take a deep breath. Make that several. Sheesh!

I must agree with FFiB.There was no excuse in him playing as poorly as he did yesterday.I did not expect anything fabulous due to rust, but that was worse than rust.We did get 1 positive out of this.The DD guys are losing it.:D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Dear God, people ... will you calm down? After the draining Denver game and a week's worth of pressure on Lucas, I would have been mildly surprised with a win. This isn't the end of the world. Check the standings and take a deep breath. Make that several. Sheesh!
its one game now, but how many do we have to go through like this!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
its one game now, but how many do we have to go through like this!:rolleyes:

Don't even think that. Most of us couldn't handle another 6 turn over performance. This was definitely an aberration. Ray would not have lasted in the league if he had a habit of poor performance. If Lucas does not improve in practice the next two weeks we may see Rosenfels. :cool:

All team are going to do now when they play us is eight man fronts to stop Ricky while trying to make Ray beat them. God help us.

Originally posted by Merman

Don't even think that. Most of us couldn't handle another 6 turn over performance. This was definitely an aberration. Ray would not have lasted in the league if he had a habit of poor performance. If Lucas does not improve in practice the next two weeks we may see Rosenfels. :cool:
well he's got my vote!;)

Back
Top Bottom