The race for the final Wildcard spot!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The race for the final Wildcard spot!!

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Yesterday's loss was dissapointing. But, we can not say it is over yet.

Reason not to lay done and die: Dolphins were 5-4 last season at this point. They went in to week 17 at 9-6 and were a win away from wining the division and even if they lost they could still make the playoffs with a Jets loss. Ok, nothing went right that weekend and we blew the Divison title and a Jets win knocked us out. Now, lets come back to this season. Here we are, 5-4, currently tied with Denver for the final wildcard spot(they currently have it due to the conference tiebreaker). Unlike last year I don't see us competing with New England for the divison. They pretty much have that wrapped up if they don't blow it. Also, the Chiefs will win the West, the Titans or Colts will win the South and the team that doesn't win the south will have the 5th playoff spot, the Ravens will probably win the North. So, that still leaves the 6th spot. This spot will go to either the Broncos, Dolphins, Bills or Bengals. Lets break it down:

Dolphins Remaining Games:

Ravens- Like last year, this will be the game where we turn it around and go to 6-4. Record: 6-4

Redskins- At home, prime-time football, orange jerseys. We are just too good for the Skins. Record: 7-4

@Dallas- As much as I want the Fins to get a Turkey Day victory, I just don't see it happening. Record: 7-5

@New England- I see this one being close, but the December cold will cost us yet another one in New England. Record: 7-6

Philadelphia- Dolphins at home again in prime-time. We win a great Monday Night Game. Record: 8-6

@Buffalo- Bills will be struggling like they are now. We go in to Buffalo and take a win from the Bills. Record: 9-6

New York Jets- The Jets will be playing for pride. The fins will be playing for a playoff spot. We win, BIG. Record: 10-6

Now, the compititon:

Denver's remaining games:

San Diego- Win Record: 6-4
Chicago- Win Record: 7-4
@Oakland- Win Record: 8-4
Kansas City- Loss Record: 8-5
Cleveland- Win Record: 9-5
@Indianapolis- Loss Record: 9-6
@ Green Bay- Loss Record: 9-7

Buffalo's remaining games:

Houston- Win Record: 5-5
Indianapolis- Loss Record: 5-6
@NY Giants- Win Record: 6-6
NY Jets- Win Record: 7-6
@Tennessee- Loss Record: 7-7
Miami- Loss Record: 7-8
New England- Loss Record: 7-9

Cincinnati's remaining games:

Kansas City- Loss Record: 4-6
@San Diego- Win Record: 5-6
@Pittsburgh- Win Record: 6-6
@Baltimore- Loss Record: 6-7
San Francisco- Win Record: 7-7
@St. Louis- Loss Record: 7-8
Cleveland- Win Record: 8-8

If this happens, we will be going to the playoffs! How far we go is a whole different story, which I feel doesn't happen very good.

If we win ag Philly, at Bills and ag Jets, we deserve to make playoffs. We have not swept the last 3 games in a long time or at least it seems that way. I will be shocked and happy if we end 10-6 based on where we are now

Playoffs!? You wanna talk playoffs!? We're trying to win a damn game!

Originally posted by Nublar7
Yesterday's loss was dissapointing. But, we can not say it is over yet.

Reason not to lay done and die: Dolphins were 5-4 last season at this point. They went in to week 17 at 9-6 and were a win away from wining the division and even if they lost they could still make the playoffs with a Jets loss. Ok, nothing went right that weekend and we blew the Divison title and a Jets win knocked us out. Now, lets come back to this season. Here we are, 5-4, currently tied with Denver for the final wildcard spot(they currently have it due to the conference tiebreaker). Unlike last year I don't see us competing with New England for the divison. They pretty much have that wrapped up if they don't blow it. Also, the Chiefs will win the West, the Titans or Colts will win the South and the team that doesn't win the south will have the 5th playoff spot, the Ravens will probably win the North. So, that still leaves the 6th spot. This spot will go to either the Broncos, Dolphins, Bills or Bengals. Lets break it down:

Dolphins Remaining Games:

Ravens- Like last year, this will be the game where we turn it around and go to 6-4. Record: 6-4

Redskins- At home, prime-time football, orange jerseys. We are just too good for the Skins. Record: 7-4

@Dallas- As much as I want the Fins to get a Turkey Day victory, I just don't see it happening. Record: 7-5

@New England- I see this one being close, but the December cold will cost us yet another one in New England. Record: 7-6

Philadelphia- Dolphins at home again in prime-time. We win a great Monday Night Game. Record: 8-6

@Buffalo- Bills will be struggling like they are now. We go in to Buffalo and take a win from the Bills. Record: 9-6

New York Jets- The Jets will be playing for pride. The fins will be playing for a playoff spot. We win, BIG. Record: 10-6

Now, the compititon:

Denver's remaining games:

San Diego- Win Record: 6-4
Chicago- Win Record: 7-4
@Oakland- Win Record: 8-4
Kansas City- Loss Record: 8-5
Cleveland- Win Record: 9-5
@Indianapolis- Loss Record: 9-6
@ Green Bay- Loss Record: 9-7

Buffalo's remaining games:

Houston- Win Record: 5-5
Indianapolis- Loss Record: 5-6
@NY Giants- Win Record: 6-6
NY Jets- Win Record: 7-6
@Tennessee- Loss Record: 7-7
Miami- Loss Record: 7-8
New England- Loss Record: 7-9

Cincinnati's remaining games:

Kansas City- Loss Record: 4-6
@San Diego- Win Record: 5-6
@Pittsburgh- Win Record: 6-6
@Baltimore- Loss Record: 6-7
San Francisco- Win Record: 7-7
@St. Louis- Loss Record: 7-8
Cleveland- Win Record: 8-8

If this happens, we will be going to the playoffs! How far we go is a whole different story, which I feel doesn't happen very good.

Well, considering the fact we can't beat anybody but sub .500 teams this year, Balt is 5-3, Wash, well, they may not be below 500 next week but may be a game we win in spite of, and forget dallas on a short week, I know you already said it, NE may be as close as indy was, Philly wants to win more than we do, buff maybe but up there in Dec is a reach, and the Jets we should win but I wouldn't bet on it.
So let's forget Denver and Buff games. We have to take care of our own biz and we have trouble doing that. I said it earlier that we will struggle to just break even at .500.
I normally will not bet, but if I were to, i would say that for the moment, the safer bet would be 7-9 as opposed to 10-6. My personal feeling is 8-8 but a 9-7 would be a split so I'm taking the "optimistic" tie-breaker!! These are sad times for Fin Fans, for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom