The real reason Brees leaves without being signed???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The real reason Brees leaves without being signed????

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
:dolphins: I've been listening to Sirius radio all day every day, waiting to hear the news that we have signed Brees. We get him there today and he leaves without signing a contract. I started to get a notion earlier last week, before Brees even started visiting teams, that Saban has a renewed confidence that he will get the Qb he is really wanting
Several pieces have fallen into place over the course of the last week or so:

1. With Arizona first signing Warner to the 3 year, $18 million contract, it didn't eliminate them from drafting a Qb in the first round, but it did lessen the probability..........
2. Then, the Jets come to terms with Pennington, a move very unexpected, I think the majority of us really believed he would be cut loose. So, that increases the chance that the Jets will take Ferguson instead of taking a Qb..............
3. Then, the real monkey wrench hits the gears with Culpepper demanding a trade, and the Vikings obliging him..........

With Tennessee, New Orleans and Oakland the only 3 teams ahead of us that would likely draft a Qb in the first round, that puts 5 Qb's in the mix.

New Orleans either signs Brees, or they draft Leinert.
Tennessee could possibly take Cutler, but it is more likely they are either going to grab Ferguson or take Vince Young.
If Tennessee takes Ferguson, it increases the chance the Jets COULD take Cutler, but not likely.
Oakland is likely going to end up with Culpepper or they could be a dark horse for Brees.
With Arizona signing Edge, their most glaring need is still O-Line, so highely unlikely they take Cutler.
Billick still wont admit Boller was a mistake, so that should be the last team ahead of us that has the chance of taking a Qb.(unless Detroit pulls a fast one, don't see that happening though)
Voila, Saban gets the guy he's wanted all along, with no shoulder injury to worry about.

the way I see it unfolding, my .02:dolphins:

Hey, if this QB shuffles mean Matt L. falls to 16? Heck yeah!!

So........Your saying he wants Cutler?

brees may only be using new orleans to try to get more cash from miami. regarding the teams that are looking for a qb upgrade, imo there are basically two scenarios: saints sign brees, titans draft leinhart, jets draft cutler. after that, it will be the raiders either trading for culpepper or drafting young. other scenario is we sign brees, saints draft leinhart, titans take cutler. hence the urgency on saban's part - if brees signs with the saints, he must feel that he has to beat the raiders to culpepper. must not be too keen on young. again, just my opinion.

1 Bush (Hou)
2 AJ Hawk (NO)
3 Leinart ( Tenn
4 Cutler (jets)
7 Young (Raiders)

1 Bush
2 Hawk
3 Leinart
4 Ferg
7 Young
10 Cutler

either way no way he falls out of the top 10. Either way the big 3 QB's are gone in the top 10. Warner was signed so they could have someone to mentor a QB that they draft for a year or two that was it. Raiders wont pass on Young or Cutler. Tenn is going to take a QB for the future

sorry dude but they wont fall and even if they do someone will trade up for one which we wouldnt do.

Finsfan79 said:
1 Bush (Hou)
2 AJ Hawk (NO)
3 Leinart ( Tenn
4 Cutler (jets)
7 Young (Raiders)

1 Bush
2 Hawk
3 Leinart
4 Ferg
7 Young
10 Cutler

either way no way he falls out of the top 10. Either way the big 3 QB's are gone in the top 10. Warner was signed so they could have someone to mentor a QB that they draft for a year or two that was it. Raiders wont pass on Young or Cutler. Tenn is going to take a QB for the future

sorry dude but they wont fall and even if they do someone will trade up for one which we wouldnt do.

Even if the Jets did take a Qb, Culpepper is still going to one of those teams. Arizona is more likely to draft an O-lineman for Edge than to grab a Qb, but even if they did draft a Qb, one of them is going to fall to us at 16. There is no one in between us and them that is going to draft a Qb in the 1st round. And A.J. Hawk isn't going to go that high either, not top 2 or 3.

Back
Top Bottom