The Real Roethlisberger Manifesto | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Real Roethlisberger Manifesto

Amars

Championship or nothing.
Reaction score
As a retort to his deluded supporters, I submit the following obervations, some of which I've posted in several other threads regarding Ben Roethlisberger.

Myself and scores of others (many who are no longer here at FH) were outraged at the Roethlisberger pick back before it happened months ago. I was among those who said he sucked hard and would be another in a long line of quarterback disasters.

Roethlisberger benefited for years in College by having the biggest o-line in football and a great backfield. His stats were often inflated, not just by his #1 WR, but by all the WR receivers getting great Yards After the Catch on his many crappy dump-offs (gee, we sure did see a lot of those YAC today, didn't we?). That and his regular, long bombs.

Ben Reothlisberger cannot read a defense to save his life and has one of the longest releases in football. I said many times before that as soon as he got a more average offensive line - like the one he had last year - he'd be exposed. And now he has been, again.

And don't even say our line was that bad today, they pass-blocked well enough on almost every play - surely enough for a decent QB to make a read and a release.

I said after the Seattle game that all I could hope for is another game that bad: throws well behind and at the feet of his receivers, bad pocket presence and a complete inability to read a complex NFL defense. At least then we can make a change to the surprisingly-good Batch (if he's indeed as sharp as he looked in the preseason). I'd hate to have what we've been having: crappy QBs who win juuust enough (playing good games like 2 out of every 5), to stay in until the season is dead.

I said last week that I'd rather watch another game or two of this garbage now if it means I didn't have to be watching it again in Week 16 or 17.

Well, Coach?

P.S. :moon: who ever created that thread

clear.gif

I see what you're saying.

I'd also like to add...Willie Parker 11 carries/20 yards. Clearly not a starting caliber back. They should trade him for a pick, maybe a first rounder, that way they can draft Brady Quinn..a REAL QB!

Parker dances in the backfield too much and shows no vision. I was against bringing him in from the start. I told you so... he's a BUST! What a waste of an undrafted free agent signing! :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom