The regime cannot continue this | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The regime cannot continue this

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
OK, its one thing to look for diamond in the rough players at every turn like this franchise does, but now they're trying to find diamond in the rough coaches!?

Perhaps Ross is really hurtin for cash, and he told Sparano and Ireland to find a cheap coach? I don't know, but this hiering makes absolutley no sense otherwise.

they're here, they're signed. Get over it and let's try to root for our team. Coaching status won't change any time soon. At least for this whole year.

I am still waiting for some good news, it just seems too get worse.

Chad Pennington likes the hire and thinks he's an awesome coach. That's good enough for me.

How come every time someone posts lately the only thing I can only hear is Jan Brady screaming "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia"?

I don't know, I'm usually a glass half full guy, and have several pairs of homer glasses to look through. But, really? There were only 2 Offensive Coordinators in the NFL with worse offenses than ours... and we hired one of them? Really??

Daboll is widely respected throughout the league and multiple players have already praised this hire. Guys like Saban, Belichick, Mangini and Holmgrem wouldn't employ him if they thought he was just a useless coach.

He is very young, so he is still raw and his future shouldn't be determined based on two years in Cleveland. He didn't have a whole lot to work with there. I think this could work out for us.

Don't judge Daboll based on two years with the Browns.

So what are we to judge him on? Or should we just blindly accept him?

There was a candidate with a record of 3 NFC Championship games with Eagles, and 2 NFCN Championships. I guess we shouldn't judge that too.

Perhaps no other blue chip OC wanted to come here to work with us. Take what you can get it seems.

I'm sure this is an upgrade for Daboll at least.

Sorry, he has done nothing to warrant my enjoyment of the hire, and after how this regime has proven time and time again that they do not have the ability to make good sound decisions, this hiring has s**t written all over it.

does he come from the Bellichek coahcing tree? yes, which scares me even more as just about everyone from the bellicheck coaching tree has failed.

Has anyone even paid attention to Browns fans take on this guy? They are happy to have him gone. I do not have blind faith. I want proven results from proven winners. Not some scrub castoff from another team like we do with Dallas.

Give the guy a chance? Sure, Ill give him a chance, and hope for the best, but im not expecting anything better than another losing season.

So what are we to judge him on? Or should we just blindly accept him?

There was a candidate with a record of 3 NFC Championship games with Eagles, and 2 NFCN Championships. I guess we shouldn't judge that too.

So you just ignore the success he had with the Patriots? The three Super Bowl rings that he wears on his hand the the respect he has throughout the league? He did not have much talent to work with in Cleveland, but that is purely what we are going to judge him on? He has worked with some of the biggest coaches, and I am sure he has learned a thing or two. Pennington credits him for a lot of his own development and success and Brady Quinn(yes I know he is not very good) praises him. He wants to run a lot of four and five wide sets, but who did he have at receiver in Cleveland? He comes to Miami that has Marshall, Bess, Hartline, and possibly Brad Smith once free agency rolls around. Yes he needs a quarterback, but that is what free agency and the draft is for.

Also, that great coach you mentioned that was with the Eagles and Vikings, NEVER called plays as an offensive coordinator. Players hate him, and hiring him would have been changing the language of the offense. Yes we need to change the offense, but it would be like trying to learn Chinese in less than 9 months., and then using it as your primary language. Going to the west coast offense would take a few years to perfect. Plus, with a work stoppage likely, when are the players going to learn it before the season?

Back
Top Bottom