The Return of Byron Jones??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Return of Byron Jones???

Bumpus

Looks at bottle ... *sigh*
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Do we have any heads up at all about when he’ll be back in the lineup?

Pretty sure he can’t be activated until Week 4 is officially over. Not sure where Miami is roster wise and if they’ll have to cut someone to add him back to the main roster

Pretty sure he can’t be activated until Week 4 is officially over. Not sure where Miami is roster wise and if they’ll have to cut someone to add him back to the main roster
This is correct. 4 weeks. Then there is a 3 week (21 day window) that the team has to activate the player, release the player, or put the player in IR.

So after the 4 weeks the team still could hold the player out for another 3 weeks if he isn’t ready to return.

So come Monday the 3 week window to make a team decision starts.

However now that said he can begin practicing NOW even before the team decision on what to do.

So he can start practice but might not be activated for 21 days.

Last edited:
Do we have any heads up at all about when he’ll be back in the lineup?
No one knows as McD has been pretty tight lipped. We will find out more this week. But I wouldnt expect immediate pro- bowl caliber type play as Im sure there will be plenty of rust.

Jets game would be his first if he's ready and man we need it with all the other injuries we already have but all McDaniel has said is that Jones is working hard to get back out there. That's all I know.

Jones is a valuable member of the defense and the pass rush is more effective when he is on the field because he is very effective in one on one coverage.

Of course the issue with Jones even if he comes off IR before the Jets game is how long it will take him to get into game shape. He really hasn’t been able to go full speed since his surgery in March and what kind of shape he is in and how his ankle holds up once he is back on the field remains a huge question mark.

Last edited:
Jets game would be his first if he's ready and man we need it with all the other injuries we already have but all McDaniel has said is that Jones is working hard to get back out there. That's all I know.

I know - and the more he keeps saying that (from training camp until now) the more I start getting Will Fuller vibes. I hope I'm wrong.

Anybody know about X? He was standing with his hamstring wrapped and iced.

“…So I feel great about that with Byron. All I know is there is nothing new to update except that I can see, especially on the sidelines during our games, I can see vigor and eagerness in his eyes that let me know it's progressing and he's excited to get back because if you queued a camera to him during the games, he's as locked in as everybody. So I feel very good about that. We'll see as it continues to progress..."

Anybody know about X? He was standing with his hamstring wrapped and iced.
unfortunately its an ongoing groin injury :/ hes been playing through it, thats why IMO he hasn't played to his usual self. That said, 10 days off should go a long way to recovery for our star defender

Going off how McDaniel has responded, and I'm just speculating with no insider information, I would think Byron Jones is still at least another week away from coming back. I would think he'd be more positive if he was closer to returning.

Anyone else's guess is as good as mine.

Back
Top Bottom