The Rumours!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Rumours!!!

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
The rumours are killing me... it's great.

Why?

Because we have a first round pick this year there is more controversy and excitement.

I just hope that come sunday evening, we aren't all disappointed.

finsnchips said:
The rumours are killing me... it's great.

Why?

Because we have a first round pick this year there is more controversy and excitement.

I just hope that come sunday evening, we aren't all disappointed.

With Spielman spearheading this year's draft, I think we will see a lot more :rocker: :yes: as opposed to :confused: :shakeno: :cry:

It should be interesting come draft day. I plan on turning my six pack into a keg, sitting in my underwear eating chips, dip, beer and lots of manly bodily functions while watching two picks an hour on saturday!

I dunno, I think Spielman is a risk taker, he may dissapoint some people. Like I think people will be upset with any pick besides a WR or OL, but if theres an impact defensive player I can see Spielman taking a chance. I just hope he doesnt pick someone based on workout results, with our #20 I hope we get someone whos game time proven no matter what position.

KillerJosh373 said:
I dunno, I think Spielman is a risk taker, he may dissapoint some people. Like I think people will be upset with any pick besides a WR or OL, but if theres an impact defensive player I can see Spielman taking a chance. I just hope he doesnt pick someone based on workout results, with our #20 I hope we get someone whos game time proven no matter what position.

If Speilman was a workout wh0re, he wouldn't have wanted Boldin last year, because Boldin was deemed too slow last year with his forty times. If anything, I think rick will make a judgement similar to his formula in picking Feely (we all know the jury is still out), which his he studies not only game film, but judge how they fared in decisive game situations, fourth quarter stats, etc.. Not to mention the character issues.

With that said, Don't be suprised if we don't pick andrews if he's on the board, since he admitted that he was a little lazy, which would validate his leopard wont change their spots statement.

fin-atic said:
I think the move to get Feeley proves he is a risk taker.

I don't think its a risk at all......he's already got one of the top 10 QB's in the league (Fiedler)...if he sees something in Feely that shows possibilities of being better, giving up a second rounder for him is no big harm. If he still ends up backing up Fiedler (as I suspect)...it never hurts to have additional depth at QB.

dean_siu said:
I don't think its a risk at all......he's already got one of the top 10 QB's in the league (Fiedler)...if he sees something in Feely that shows possibilities of being better, giving up a second rounder for him is no big harm. If he still ends up backing up Fiedler (as I suspect)...it never hurts to have additional depth at QB.

Holy S*** ..top 10 QB? Fiedler? Good God man.

take these off :cooldude:

Funny how the mind can play tricks on you... like I just read a post where someone refered to Fiedler as a "top ten QB". He wrote it like he was serious too! :eek:

HugeFinFan said:
Holy S*** ..top 10 QB? Fiedler? Good God man.

take these off :cooldude:

Now let's give him the benefit of the doubt...maybe he meant top ten ivy league quarterbacks.
:cool:

I am a Jay fan, or was anyway, no way top ten. Feeley was a risk, but not a huge risk. Not anymore than drafting Rivers, starting him as a rookie and expecting Contention from him is even more risky.

dean_siu said:

I hope you're being sarcastic.

I have defended Fiedler a lot on this forum but he isn't a top 10 QB. Trading a second round pick for a third string QB who has started 5 games in his entire career (and had a QB rating around 78 in his starts) is a major risk. Feeley hasn't proved anything in his career and Speilman is definitely taking a risk by trading a second round pick for him and then giving him a 5 year, 18 million dollar contract.

I think/hope he was kidding about Jay being a top 10 QB but maybe he meant top 10 in the AFC? Rick said that game tape is more important than the workouts. I think we'll go o-line,WR or DT with our first pick and any other position would be a surprised to me. I still think also that we might move down and get an extra 3rd round pick, All I want is 3 player to come in and contribute and maybe a LB for depth and ST's.

Ozzy rules!!

fiedler is a top ten QB. a top ten BACK-UP QB. he is solid and is a known quantity so he gives RS some room for error at the position. feeley may or may not be the future but fiedler is great insuance either way. first pick is gonna be BPA. i just hope i don't feel like a JETS fan with our first pick!

Back
Top Bottom