The running game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The running game?

vimesy

How You Like Me So Far...
Reaction score
The real problem last night was the running game...not the lack of success the lack of attempts...

Pittsburgh was not having any success either at the beginning of the game...but they kept running it to open up the passing game.

Ronnie Brown had 30 yrds on 15 attempts...2.0 ypc
Willie Parker had 115 yard on 29 carries...3.9 ypc
seems like they did so much better but without those two big runs it is close to the same.

The steelers just kept at it...
In the second quarter when we were down within the ten...if we ran once...just once we might have scored a td.

In the second half, did we run at all....the steelers just dropped back into zones and waited for a bad throw...

Even if we only ran for another 20 yrds in the game it would have given the threat and kept Daunte from throwing into triple coverage.

You're right, we didn't run it enough. Which is weird for Mularkey. We gave up on it way too quickly. Hell, I'm not sure we even gave up on it. We barely even tried enough to CALL IT giving up.

You still don't give up, even if you are going no where. It makes it so much easy on the defense when they know you aren't gonna try and run it. That is what happened to us, we gave up and became one dimensional and if you want to win you don't do that. Polamalu was guaranteed to pick at least 1 off when we stopped running.

The O-Line needs to improve immediatley if were gonna run. Granted, it was againest one of the best run defenses. Hopefully they can pick it up, and we can have a solid running attack by mid season. Personaly, i think they'll get in form before that. This game might be exactly what they need to make a serious push for the playoffs and beyond. I think they all know what they did wrong, and i don't see them melting down like that again this year. We may not win them all, but in close games, it will be nice to know that they've been there once this season, and know what it feels like to not have success. Let's embrace there great effort, and look forward to seeing pitt in the playoffs for some much needed redemption. We'll have the announcers saying " Maybe they should put Batch in."

The thing with offensive lines is that they can jell at some future point even if the talent level isnt great. I'm more worrie about the secondary because I didnt see one stud defensive back. We have some decent role players but we're going to be in alot of trouble back there when we go up against good throwing teams

vimesy said:
The real problem last night was the running game...not the lack of success the lack of attempts...

Pittsburgh was not having any success either at the beginning of the game...but they kept running it to open up the passing game.

Ronnie Brown had 30 yrds on 15 attempts...2.0 ypc
Willie Parker had 115 yard on 29 carries...3.9 ypc
seems like they did so much better but without those two big runs it is close to the same.

The steelers just kept at it...
In the second quarter when we were down within the ten...if we ran once...just once we might have scored a td.

In the second half, did we run at all....the steelers just dropped back into zones and waited for a bad throw...

Even if we only ran for another 20 yrds in the game it would have given the threat and kept Daunte from throwing into triple coverage.

Yep. They forced us to be one dimensional.

Back
Top Bottom