The Sage Situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Sage Situation

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
First of all sorry to those that saw this at the back of the other thread. I thought that thread might be played and I wanted a few more views and thoughts about this. Please pardon my neediness.

I would like to see Sage get a chance too but, I don't think it's a good idea. Here's why....

The fact that our O-line is in such a mess and the possibility that it could be a fatal flaw on this team means that the season is not going to be saved by QB play alone.

So, let's say Sage takes over now and actually shows he can play well but, because of the O-line our season ends prematurely anyway.
What have we accomplished?

Bad things.

Someone, said that Sage is a free agent after the season. If that is true, instead of having a "hidden gem" that we can sign relatively cheaply, we have a bright shiny diamond that others are admiring and all of a sudden we are looking at spending major dollars on an up and coming player. Considering Fiedler's salary and Griese's wants next season, Sage just may be our ace in the hole. That being the case, I don't think it would be wise to show our cards yet.

If we can get the o-line to shape up just a little bit, Griese or Fiedler are perfectly capable of making this offense go, we don't need to showcase Sage for the rest of the league to see.

Considering the emphatic "NO" that Wanny gives when Sage is mentioned as a possibilty this year, either he totally sucks and they know it, which I doubt seriously, or they might be playing this a little smarter than we all think.

Maybe?????

Maybe, I do agree with putting a better OL in before starting him, and that won't be until next year anyways so there's nop point in risking his health or creating a higher market for him this coming FA season.

If you're gonna start a young guy protect him and give him time to let the game slow down for him. He's been on the bench learning for a few years now, he should be close to starting if he's any good to begin with.
But lets look at it like this if Wanny and Norv are gone next year then maybe Norv makes a push for him in FA knowing that he's on the verge of success.
Maybe??

Originally posted by Hellion
Maybe, I do agree with putting a better OL in before starting him, and that won't be until next year anyways so there's nop point in risking his health or creating a higher market for him this coming FA season.

If you're gonna start a young guy protect him and give him time to let the game slow down for him. He's been on the bench learning for a few years now, he should be close to starting if he's any good to begin with.
But lets look at it like this if Wanny and Norv are gone next year then maybe Norv makes a push for him in FA knowing that he's on the verge of success.
Maybe??

This is a worry I didn't consider. I wonder if Sage will be a RFA??

I've ventured this one before:

Sage will end up wherever Norv is next season, whether in Miami or otherwise. Sage has much more opportunity as a Norv project that knows Norv's offense than he would have being in the mix of QBs under any incoming HC and OC. And if Norv does end up leaving, he would want to bring him with him.

Originally posted by Phan4Ever
I've ventured this one before:

Sage will end up wherever Norv is next season, whether in Miami or otherwise. Sage has much more opportunity as a Norv project that knows Norv's offense than he would have being in the mix of QBs under any incoming HC and OC. And if Norv does end up leaving, he would want to bring him with him.

Not if he's restricted. ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
First of all sorry to those that saw this at the back of the other thread. I thought that thread might be played and I wanted a few more views and thoughts about this. Please pardon my neediness.

I would like to see Sage get a chance too but, I don't think it's a good idea. Here's why....

The fact that our O-line is in such a mess and the possibility that it could be a fatal flaw on this team means that the season is not going to be saved by QB play alone.

So, let's say Sage takes over now and actually shows he can play well but, because of the O-line our season ends prematurely anyway.
What have we accomplished?

Bad things.

Someone, said that Sage is a free agent after the season. If that is true, instead of having a "hidden gem" that we can sign relatively cheaply, we have a bright shiny diamond that others are admiring and all of a sudden we are looking at spending major dollars on an up and coming player. Considering Fiedler's salary and Griese's wants next season, Sage just may be our ace in the hole. That being the case, I don't think it would be wise to show our cards yet.

If we can get the o-line to shape up just a little bit, Griese or Fiedler are perfectly capable of making this offense go, we don't need to showcase Sage for the rest of the league to see.

Considering the emphatic "NO" that Wanny gives when Sage is mentioned as a possibilty this year, either he totally sucks and they know it, which I doubt seriously, or they might be playing this a little smarter than we all think.

Maybe?????

Very good point. I didn't even think of that. It makes sense.

I agree - excellent point. He could come out like Chad Pennington and then we would be in trouble. I don't think Norv is going anywhere, however, even if our season folds - Dave yeah.

Back
Top Bottom