The "Scoop" on this Pape guy? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The "Scoop" on this Pape guy?

Coral Reefer

Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org
Reaction score
You know I started wondering why there were so many excited posts about a 7th round pick. The write up on this Pape guy seems pretty good though.
Rarely do you read through a 7th rounders bio and see a resounding "we think he'll start in the NFL" endorsement. Has anyone seen this guy play? What is it that has some of you so excited and if he has such upside why the hell did he fall to the 7th. Anyone?

Trekbiz said:
You know I started wondering why there were so many excited posts about a 7th round pick. The write up on this Pape guy seems pretty good though.
Rarely do you read through a 7th rounders bio and see a resounding "we think he'll start in the NFL" endorsement. Has anyone seen this guy play? What is it that has some of you so excited and if he has such upside why the hell did he fall to the 7th. Anyone?

Well, I go to school in Ann Arbor, and I've seen him play. He's not dominating, and he's not the MOST athletic guy in the world, but he has a great attitude and he is an excellent run-blocker. He's not athletic enough at this point to handle speed or good outside moves, and his footwork needs work, but with some development he could definitely be a solid RG (he's a little too tall [but still serviceable] IMO for G, but not athletic enough for T). Getting a starting-caliber RG in the 7th is a GREAT value.

EDIT: And by the way, he's a pretty funny guy. The guys call him "Fat Elvis" because of his crazy signature sideburns, and he's making a funny face in all of his pics. He's got a great attitude and I sent him an email about a few hours ago letting him know he better play his a** off if he's going to my team...

pape is a lunch pail type Olineman.. great attitude.. great work ehtic ... typical in ur face guy ... good fit here in maimi .. he was rated as high as the 4th round .. by many draft pubs i read.. and i have a bout 6 here at home.. so i was a busy BOY reading all i can ... i feel good about him in round 7 .. i actually had hoped they would take him in round 4 or 5 ... glad i'm not the GM ... lol!!!

Back
Top Bottom