The season is on the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The season is on the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
Okay, Dolphins nation, rise up!!! I honestly feel that this game will determine how the rest of our season will pan out. If we win this game, I believe we might actually play up to the immense talent we pocess. If we lose, then I believe a downward spiral will take place and Wanny will pay the price. What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree on the importance of this game?

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Okay, Dolphins nation, rise up!!! I honestly feel that this game will determine how the rest of our season will pan out. If we win this game, I believe we might actually play up to the immense talent we pocess. If we lose, then I believe a downward spiral will take place and Wanny will pay the price. What are your thoughts? Do you agree or disagree on the importance of this game?
Where have you been?...the downward spiral has already begun;)

If we go 5-3 this second half of the season, then we can make playoffs at a 10-6 record as a wild card team, and all that matters is what you do in the playoffs.

seriously, i feel bad for the type of Dolphins fans you guys are. What the hell makes you think we have a chance in hell of making something of this season?!? We stink, flat out. We have two ok QB's an O line that couldn't open up a hole or protect the QB (including an atrocious rookie) if their lives depended on it. We've lost to all of the teams that are actually decent - Indy/NE and a not so elite but probably about our level team - Houston. A team like say, the Titans or the Chiefs, we're not even close to their level. I'm not trying to be a pesssimist here, just a realist. I admire your continued feeling towards hope but I can't help to feel pity for you also in that the Phins will let you down as they have been for a good long while now. It sucks, it really does, I hate it too, but we are not an elite team. I can only hope that Wannestadt goes soon and that we get a coach who actually displays at least a sign of leadership, someone like Gruden, Herm (even though the Jets stink, they dont have the people they need there but he's a leader), Parcells. Someone who wouldn't have to spend money to try and depend on veteran players to do the job that he should be doing. Seau, Taylor, Zach, these guys can only cover for the inspiration that a solid coach could bring to the table for so much. They can throw tantrums, they can get the guys hyped, they can lead by example, but a coach who day in and day out makes you work towards every ounce of your potential, Wannestadt isn't even close. Man, it really sucks, I don't even want to watch tomorrow, that's how disheartened I am. You wait all freaking week for sunday to be entertained and forget about whatever stress is going on with your particular situation and then your team goes out there and gets beat again and again and disappoints again and again. It's fine to keep on cheering them on and want them to do well but what makes you think that we actually have a chance to do something special this year??? What evidence at all do you have for that? When it counts we fold. When it matters, the other team wants it more. That's just how it is.

Originally posted by rdoser
seriously, i feel bad for the type of Dolphins fans you guys are. What the hell makes you think we have a chance in hell of making something of this season?!? We stink, flat out. We have two ok QB's an O line that couldn't open up a hole or protect the QB (including an atrocious rookie) if their lives depended on it. We've lost to all of the teams that are actually decent - Indy/NE and a not so elite but probably about our level team - Houston. A team like say, the Titans or the Chiefs, we're not even close to their level. I'm not trying to be a pesssimist here, just a realist. I admire your continued feeling towards hope but I can't help to feel pity for you also in that the Phins will let you down as they have been for a good long while now. It sucks, it really does, I hate it too, but we are not an elite team. I can only hope that Wannestadt goes soon and that we get a coach who actually displays at least a sign of leadership, someone like Gruden, Herm (even though the Jets stink, they dont have the people they need there but he's a leader), Parcells. Someone who wouldn't have to spend money to try and depend on veteran players to do the job that he should be doing. Seau, Taylor, Zach, these guys can only cover for the inspiration that a solid coach could bring to the table for so much. They can throw tantrums, they can get the guys hyped, they can lead by example, but a coach who day in and day out makes you work towards every ounce of your potential, Wannestadt isn't even close. Man, it really sucks, I don't even want to watch tomorrow, that's how disheartened I am. You wait all freaking week for sunday to be entertained and forget about whatever stress is going on with your particular situation and then your team goes out there and gets beat again and again and disappoints again and again. It's fine to keep on cheering them on and want them to do well but what makes you think that we actually have a chance to do something special this year??? What evidence at all do you have for that? When it counts we fold. When it matters, the other team wants it more. That's just how it is.

Ummm, ok? What makes the Titans any better then NE or Indy? After all NE did beat the Titans. Are you sure you aren't a Bills fan?

Don't watch tomorrow if that makes you happy :lol: :rolleyes:

wow, I feel sorry for you. What is the point of being a football fan if you don't want to watch football?

seriously, i feel bad for the type of Dolphins fans you guys are. What the hell makes you think we have a chance in hell of making something of this season?!? We stink, flat out.

You feel sorry for us?? :rofl:

I think you're misinterpreting me. I feel sorry for you like literally not as an attempt of insult. I've been there, I empathize. I know what it feels like to hope for this team when there is no logic behind it. All that I'm saying is that yes, fine, hope for the best, but don't actually expect anything more than the worst from this team.

First off the TITANS ARE NOT BETTER THAN INDY AND New EnglanD. I'm so tired of hearing everybody have a boner for the Titans when they have lost to 2 out of the best 3 teams (KC, Indy NE) in the AFC. Secondly I don't belive the balance of our season is hinging on this game especially being down 2 pro bowlers on defense. Lucky for us there are 4 divison winners and 2 wild card spots. Give one wild card spot to the GREAT Titans and outside of Miami, Buffalo and Denver the rest of the AFC pretty much sucks. Denver has its injury problems and I don't believe the Bills will win more than 3 or 4 more game this season. For those of you guys who are giving up and just saying "I'm being realistic" all I can say is why even watch if you believe the season is over. Football seaosn is only 5 months out of the year and I'd personally like to enjoy as much of it as I can. I say we lose tomorrow to the Titans and then win out.

I think you're misinterpreting me. I feel sorry for you like literally not as an attempt of insult. I've been there, I empathize. I know what it feels like to hope for this team when there is no logic behind it. All that I'm saying is that yes, fine, hope for the best, but don't actually expect anything more than the worst from this team.

That's still pretty messed up to me. I couldn't possibly feel like that. I hope for the best, but I don't expect the worst. I don't expect anything. I just hope and see what happens.

From where I'm sitting, I don't find that illogical. We've got probably the best defense in the league. We've got an elite RB. We've got a good QB. Two solid TEs. And contrary to popular belief, I think our WRs are good enough to get it done. IMO it all hinges on the OL. If they can get it together, I think there's a lot to hope for (both from an execution and a playcalling standpoint). And after watching Tampa Bay's OL come from the bottom to the top during the course of a season, I have something to base it on.

I respect you dude......i hope your front office helps you guys out.......great post......

This game DOES NOT dictate how we will finish the season. If we win, that is great. We will be in a good position at 6-3. If we lose, we will be 5-4 but we have a lot of winnable games coming up. After Tennessee, we play Washington and Baltimore at home, we should be able to win both of those games. After that, we have Dallas on the road, they have a good record but we should be able to win that as well. The season is not over if we lose, because after this game we have a bunch of games coming up that we should be able to win.

No buddy. This season is this game possibly. It dictates what kind of team we are.

Back
Top Bottom