The secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The secondary

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
Well the one group that I started a thread for last week about good they did is the one group this week I think that let us down the most. It seemed like on 3rd and whatever we gave them a huge cusion for them to just run to the 1st down markers and catch the pass. It was like when they caught the ball our CB or S were nowhere near them. That is one thing I dont like about Saban D is I think we need more press coverage. We need to be in the face of the WR and disturbing them. That will make the QB hold the ball longer and give a chance for our DL to get there and get a sack. We had no pressure on the QB (were was all the blitzing we seen in preseason)? I think this game exposed our biggest weakness on the team that is our secondary. As bad as our running game looked that can be corrected by them getting more comfortable working together and Ricky coming back.

Hopefully we can come back next game and show that we can stop the pass because if we dont its going to be a very long year.

i noticed that they were picking on reggie howard all day long, and he was never anywhere near his reciever. i dont think our secondary is that much of a weakness, reggie howard is.

I can see Madison and Daniels starting next week with K.Thomas and Howard as our #3 and #4 CB's. He really deserves to be the #4, he played horrid and Thomas has been solid throughout his career.

Our secondary is not the strongest part of our defense, they rely on us pressuring the QB. The jets responded by throwing short passes under the coverage and not allowing time for pressure. For some reason we continued leaving a big cushion and allowing easy short passes. They ate us up all day and especially 3rd down and we did not respond.

Back
Top Bottom