The Sentinel - Jamar Fletcher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Sentinel - Jamar Fletcher

i really wanted Brees, but the thing that pissed me off the most is we didn't even take the best CB available. Smoot fell in the draft because he was at a party that had pot on the premisis, but was not smoking himself. The whole NFL knew he was the best corner in that draft, but were scared to pull the trigger, and the Skins had the balls and found a starter that had 6 ints last year. Hindsight is 20/20, and there is no reason to bring this up, but since someone already did.

Originally posted by SoFlaFan
Not only could we have had Brees, but the A-train too. There's plenty of reason to look at Fletcher with a fisheye. He has the expectations of a first rounder and has simply not shown ANY of it. The coaches are not impressed which gives us phans every right to not be impressed. Dont get me wrong, i'm pulling for the guy, if for nothing else that we need his contribution, but he carries just a bit higher degree of disappointment than others.

As people have noted here..hindsight is 20/20 foresight..We didn't even know that much about the A train..and when everyone was talking about Drew during that draft..it was because people here didn't think that much of Jay..At the time I thought drafting a CB was the right move with all the 3 and 4 WR sets in our division..we needed another Sam and Pat..At the time last year we had just come off a couple of years of Jerry Wilson and the coaches wanted more..We drafted him in Flectcher..T. Cousin comes in and does better..fancy that a vet..schools a rookie...Now it's Flectchers time..hopefully he's learned from cousins and from sam and pat..I really hope he's an upgrade over Jerry..

OK get Donovan in here..I know it's TC..but Flech just got to get more consistent..This is an important year and the jets will eat him up.

Who's not hot (Thur TC Report)

• Cornerback Jamar Fletcher was beaten by WR Ronney Daniels for a catch of longer than 20 yards in the morning practice. Daniels, a free agent pickup not expected to make the team, created space with a stiff arm as the ball was in the air. Fletcher, a first-round pick, was unable to get close enough to deflect the pass.

Ok I'll take an easy on him..he needs experience...I quess I'm not as worried about him as I am about LT..Jay's comments from TC

"It was his first time with the full-speed pass rush [on Wednesday]," Wannstedt said. "I think I could complete balls if I didn’t have Jason Taylor in my face. That changes the whole complexion of things."

Sounds like LT wasn't doing his job..instead of fighting with Chester..Smith needs to be fighting JT

MJH you can't keep putting the ROOKIE title on Fletcher to explain his struggles...

He's going into his second year...

And any 1st rounder that struggles in his second year is considered a BUST by most people's standards!

Regardless of who was available at the time...

What you have to understand is that taking a player in a position we were pretty well stocked is one thing...
But to take a guy you don't need who isn't performing is BAD NEWS!

It seems to be that he gambles a lot, which may have worked in college but not the NFL. I think the guy'll be fine though. We have 4 PS games to take a long look.

Back
Top Bottom