The Skinny On Omare Lowe, #24. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Skinny On Omare Lowe, #24.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Dolphins had a nice look at 6'1 196 pound CB OMAR LOWE these past couple of days....and it looks like he will be used more as a Safety. The skinny is that he shows that he is a little scared to "get burned deep"...and sometimes displayed a propensity to play to far off his assignments. These are all problems that can be worked on with Coach Mel Phillips...as his adjustment to the speed of the NFL...is light years away from his college days, at Washington.

The Dolphins will also test LOWE on special teams...and plan on using him with the third team units...in the dime packages for now.

I am not sure either...if LOWE has the closing, tackling speed that you are looking for...that remains to be seen. He has a shot to make the roster...but that is just about it.... I really don;t see how he can get any playing time.....he would have to excell on special teams also...just to make the team. There just is too much competiton at the safety position...so LOWE just needs to get noticed...and needs to really work on his fundamentals, as well. This is going to be a work in progress....OMARE LOWE, #24.
DCH

It is tough to play DB as a rookie. Jamar Fletcher proved that last year, though he did get off to a bad start by being injured.

I liken the Lowe pick to the Arturo Freeman pick in 2000. You have an idea of the potential you have, but you really don't know what kind of player you have. If Lowe progresses like Freeman, then we may have a future starter at FS. Marion is a year to year player right now, and I'm sure they are hoping some young player (Lowe or Green) shows enough that they feel comfortable starting them in a couple of years.

Lowe should be a good special teamer. He's blocked a few kicks while at Washington.

Lowe is a pretty interesting player-I don't think he has true cornerback speed or the ability to run with the top receievers, but his experience at corner in college, combined with his safety skills give him a chance in our defense.

He has pretty good ball skills, is a good tackler and has the size/speed ratio you want in a safety. Like you guys said, he is also a good STer, and can also play in the nickel and dime type of situations. We'll see..

NYricky34...............

Originally posted by NYRicky34
Lowe is a pretty interesting player-I don't think he has true cornerback speed or the ability to run with the top receievers, but his experience at corner in college, combined with his safety skills give him a chance in our defense.

He has pretty good ball skills, is a good tackler and has the size/speed ratio you want in a safety. Like you guys said, he is also a good STer, and can also play in the nickel and dime type of situations. We'll see..

Welcome to the board!;)

Originally posted by NYRicky34

Lowe better watch out because Ray Green looks to be a sleeper/keeper.......SO FAR anyway

Originally posted by Ozzy

Lowe better watch out because Ray Green looks to be a sleeper/keeper.......SO FAR anyway
If Green shows he's worthy of the 4th CB position, then Lowe will have a tough time beating out Gamble, Wooden and/or McGarrahan

Wooden brings nothing to the table.

He's strictly a special teams player now that cannot play in the base defense. He makes too much money for that, so if it comes down to it, Wooden will get cut before Lowe. Lowe can do what Wooden does, and Lowe has the potential to do more down the road.

Back
Top Bottom