The stats/rankings that will get us to the Superbowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The stats/rankings that will get us to the Superbowl

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
Here's what I want to see from the Phins. If these numbers come through we're going deep in the Playoffs.

Defense needs to once again be ranked in the top 3 in the NFL in yards and ESPECIALLY points. Part of that ranking however has to be high marks against the run AND the pass. Stats here can be decieving if teams ignore one facet of the game because the other is so wide open. If we're ranked 1st because we shut down the run but got spanked in the air it doesn't do us any good.

-I don't see any problem with having success against the run...but we're vulnerable to the deep pass in some instances. The switch to zone coverage in some circumstances may alleviate this...but until it's executed it's just a promise. We also need to see how our LB corp handles spread offenses, especially Junior. Might be great, might be crap...we'll know soon enough.

Turnover ratio +5 or better. We WILL fumble, and throw picks...it's going to happen. That means that our ball hawks need to BE ball hawks.

-We've got the players that have demonstrated the ability to steal the ball...now they need to do it when it counts.

Sacks-top 3. Blitz packages and Pass Rush need to be effective to allow our Secondary to fluorish.

-Pass rush is proven...Blitz needs to execute.

Special Teams top 5...This number is the one I actually feel best about. I think Rogers/Simmons are two of the biggest keys to our season.

-Special Teams looked GREAT in Preseason which in all honesty is probably the most accurate thing you'll ever see in Preseason.

Offense..top 15 in SCORING, overall. If things go well, we'll actually have an offense ranked in the BOTTOM 10 since that ranking is taken in yards. The reason for this? Short fields as a result of our Special Teams play. I want our O starting from the 30-40 as an average, and I think we can do that.

-If we're starting short on 75% of our possesions we've got the players to take advantage of it. We're not a team that wants to start it's drives from inside the 20. Short drives will play to the strengths of our key players, cuts down on the risk of turnovers, provides good field position when drives stall, and allows Mare to be a factor on any drive that features even one 1st down. If we're scoring on 75% of our posessions(TD's or FG's), our D is enough to win the game.

No single Reciever in the top 20 in any category except possibly yds per catch.

-Miami needs to spread the wealth to prevent teams from keying on any on aspect of the game. This will also show that Norve has finally put in HIS system which tends to spread the ball to a LOT of players.

Ricky needs to once again be in the top 3 in yards carried. Top 5 in points scored.

-So long as the O-line is healthy and Fiedler is being efficient, Ricky will get the yards.

That's it..have at it if you like.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
The stats/rankings that will get us to the Superbowl

I know what numbers will help the Dolphins players get to the superbowl

American Airlines Flight number 3498 from Miami to Houstion Cost $234

53 Tickets in section 406 rows 13-16 Cost $121,000

Re: Re: The stats/rankings that will get us to the Superbowl

Originally posted by Billsfan

Oh, good one.....how clever.

Re: Re: The stats/rankings that will get us to the Superbowl

Originally posted by Billsfan

Do any of you bills fans have anything halfway intelligent to say? Oops, I forgot that you guys share one brain cell.

Back
Top Bottom