The superbowl shockingly similiar to last years defeat!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The superbowl shockingly similiar to last years defeat!!!!!

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Remember last year on the final game of the season we had to beat the patriots to go to the playoffs and we lost by a vinateri field goal, well i find the superbowl very similiar, take a look!

The score is tied with under 2:00 left in regualtion, john kasay kicks a kickoff out of bounds, putting the ball on the 40, now if i remember correctly didnt olindo mare do the same thing.

Then the panthers defense lets the patriots convert on a third down that puts them in fieldgoal range, didnt miamis defense do the same thing,

Then the last thing adam vinateri kicks a fieldgoal to win the game and win the superbowl, adam vinateri did the same thing to us exept they just knocked us out of the playoffs for the first time in 7 years or something like that not really sure.

I just thought that game was very similar to last years week 17 game with the dolphins and pats.

Oh yeah one more thing somebody correct me if i made a mistake beacuse i didnt know every little detail and i may have messed up on something. but i think it is pretty close.

yeah i posted this earlier. it's uncanny. the difference was mares kick when out near the goaline, while kasey had his go at the 31 which is AWFUL. i could have kicked the ball better.

The very ending was similar, I agree, but the circumstances leading up to it were different. The Panthers were fighting back and had just tied the score, whereas the Dolphins just pretty much gave up in their game.

yeah thats what i was thinking the dolphins blew an 11point lead in the fourth whereas the cats came back to tie it.

Dolphinz D...exactly what I thought....the Fins controlled that game...they had NE right were they wanted them but could not put them away...some awful calls in favor of...who else but the Pats...that pass interference call on Fletcher was a HORRID call...that led to a Pats score...i'm pretty sure that that was 3rd down and long...that's why you can't keep other teams in the game...you need to put games away because the awful call would not have mattered if Miami was up by 14 + instead of 11...

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Dolphinz D...exactly what I thought....the Fins controlled that game...they had NE right were they wanted them but could not put them away...some awful calls in favor of...who else but the Pats...that pass interference call on Fletcher was a HORRID call...that led to a Pats score...i'm pretty sure that that was 3rd down and long...that's why you can't keep other teams in the game...you need to put games away because the awful call would not have mattered if Miami was up by 14 + instead of 11...

Speaking of calls, I know it's been mentioned before, and I won't take anything away from New England because they are the champs, but it seems like almost every close call goes their way. Like, the spot for Antoine Smith on that 4th down run? Ridiculous. I thought the spot depended on where the ball was. He barely even got to the line of scrimmage, but the ball was in his back arm and was nowhere near where they placed it. Yet, after reviewing the call, it spot wasn't changed. Oh well.....

yes...that was horrible...even after reviewing the play...they did not change it.

Except when Mare kicked the ball out of bounds it was in overtime already on the opening kick of overtime. And we had a ten point lead with 230 minutes left. Then we decided to pass the ball on are next two possesions and one of them only took something like 16 seconds off the clock. So the major difference between the two is we blew a lead and the Panthers got beat after they came back.

So basically, there was one thing that happened that was kinda similar in a way but, not really the same at all.

Shocking!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible
So basically, there was one thing that happened that was kinda similar in a way but, not really the same at all.

Shocking!!!

Your avatar is offensive FINS....advertising drug use like that....sheeeesh.....there's kids watching.

:D

Just messin...........

exactly not the same at all. Dont know why everyone seems to think it was the same. The only thing the same is we both lost by kicking the ball out of bounds on the kick off giving them great field position.

For all the People living in the Miami area on this site do any of you have any sugestions of a good apartment complex in the area. I am going to be moving to the area was wondering where a good place to live for not to much money.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Your avatar is offensive FINS....advertising drug use like that....sheeeesh.....there's kids watching.

:D

Just messin...........
I don't see where it says that he's smoking drugs....:confused:....

Not everybody can afford those ready-rolls.....Some people got to smoke the Bugler....:D

Originally posted by inFINSible
I don't see where it says that he's smoking drugs....:confused:....

Not everybody can afford those ready-rolls.....Some people got to smoke the Bugler....:D

:roflmao:

If I were worried about my kids seeing it...they wouldn't! As it is they think its pretty damn funny too :D

Back
Top Bottom