The Tables Stacked in his Favor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tables Stacked in his Favor

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
Last week on ESPN the announcer kept reffering to how no matter what Jay does he will never be liked because who he followed. I think it is understood in Miami that even the biggest Feidler supporter still cringes every time Jay drops back to pass. The man has won something like 80% of his games, but gets booed when he goes to get his mail. No matter what he does he will never have the majority vote in Miami. If he wins a super bowl people will still say "we could have won by 40 if our QB was any good." Now Ray Lucas comes in due to an injury to Jay. Not only does he get to play the worst defense in the NFL, but he gets to take over for the guy who took over for Marino. I would bet money I will never make that 80% of Dolphin fans are praying that Ray will save them from Feidler. If he wins the next few games he will be looked upon as a hero, and will most likely be the biggest sports star in Miami since...well Dan Marino. If Jay wasn't injured and won the next 10 he would still most likely get booed at Heat games. I wonder how much of a choice Dave will have if Ray is sucsessfull when Jay comes back. Jay will most likely be out 6 games, if Ray wins 6 of them I doubt we see Jay for the rest of the season. If Ray takes this team to the Super Bowl win or lose I doubt Jay ever plays in Miami again.

Everything u said is probably true, except wanny's decision to not put back in fiedler. I think other than wins i think ray would have to win the games for us himself(with huge stats) for fiedler to be benched when healthy. Wanny did make the hard decision to get Marino to retire(or at least pushed Marino in that direction)I thought when ray came here he was coming here to start. I also thought huard was goin to be our starter. So what the f#$# do i know!!!

:billsbite

Actually Jay brings a calm to me when he plays, he's always cool and collect...when he went into the huddle for that last drive in Denver..you couldn't tell there's was any emotion, he just calmly took the team down the field and we won..That's a guy who has won my respect, especially since he had a broken thumb doing it.

i was kind of hinting at the preasure from the front office if Ray wins. If he looks good in a couple of games, he has 2 nationaly televised games in the next 3, the out cry of support will be abnormaly large due to ill feeling many hold towards Jay. Lets not forget football is a busines and Miami is struggleing to sell out home games and season tickets dispite Ricky's arrival and beeting the Jets and Pats at home. A coulpe of big games in the national spotlight and #6 will be a hot commidity as far as jerseys are concerned, and i am sure a few more people might thow out the clicker and journey to Pro Player.

Well if im not mistaken Lucas does throw a better deep ball right??? Able to hit recievers in stride and such right? This might be what brings out Chambers if those two things are true. We havent really hit a good deep ball yet. Jay has performed great otherwise though, so can Lucas do all the other things that Fiedler was goin well??? We'll see...

Originally posted by stan marino
Well if im not mistaken Lucas does throw a better deep ball right??? Able to hit recievers in stride and such right? This might be what brings out Chambers if those two things are true. We havent really hit a good deep ball yet. Jay has performed great otherwise though, so can Lucas do all the other things that Fiedler was goin well??? We'll see...

Ray Lucas has the arm but his accuracy is a question. Parcells who last coached him when he started has an article up on nfl.com talking about Ray.

Back
Top Bottom