The team no one wants to play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The team no one wants to play

I changed the question you asked from theoretical to practical. If that's what you're asking, the answer is no. Asking isn't the same as winning. You can't just ask a few schools and then throw your hands in the air expecting everyone to feel sorry for you.

A few schools? Really? Did you read the article?

And BSU doesn't expect anyone to "feel sorry" for them. They simply wish to fulfill the requirements placed on them to demonstrate their worthiness. Of course they want a shot at the national title. What program doesn't?

If anything I think we should "feel sorry" for the programs who talk themselves up but when it comes time to actually demonstrate their superiority, they shrink from the confrontation. They're much more comfortable talking down to Boise State about how great they are, rather than actually proving themselves. It's pathetic.

THE Ohio State will schedule the bottom-feeder of the WAC, but not the team who has won the conference every year save one. It is cowardice; do not be deceived by the plethora of excuses by the BCS homers.

A few schools? Really? Did you read the article?

And BSU doesn't expect anyone to "feel sorry" for them. They simply wish to fulfill the requirements placed on them to demonstrate their worthiness. Of course they want a shot at the national title. What program doesn't?

If anything I think we should "feel sorry" for the programs who talk themselves up but when it comes time to actually demonstrate their superiority, they shrink from the confrontation. They're much more comfortable talking down to Boise State about how great they are, rather than actually proving themselves. It's pathetic.

THE Ohio State will schedule the bottom-feeder of the WAC, but not the team who has won the conference every year save one. It is cowardice; do not be deceived by the plethora of excuses by the BCS homers.

You guys have already scheduled Oregon and Va Tech. So, it's not impossible to schedule BCS schools. If you're looking for a matchup in 2 years, it's going to be difficult. These things don't happen overnight. I believe Miami has Rutgers scheduled for 2018 or so.

USF is newer to D-IA football than Boise, and has already 'fulfilled the requirements'. So why don't you guys ask them how they did it.

You guys have already scheduled Oregon and Va Tech. So, it's not impossible to schedule BCS schools. If you're looking for a matchup in 2 years, it's going to be difficult. These things don't happen overnight. I believe Miami has Rutgers scheduled for 2018 or so.

USF is newer to D-IA football than Boise, and has already 'fulfilled the requirements'. So why don't you guys ask them how they did it.

The circumstances are a bit different with us. Eventually i knew the big three (Florida, Florida st. Miami) had to schedule us because we are starting to convince many of the florida kids to come to USF, especially the kids from the Miami area. Thats how you make teams play you. You start taking recruits from their back yard. Then again we also have very good recruits coming out the Tampa area.

Boise has a big problem because i dont think Idaho has that many recruits. I think if they start recruiting in Cali, soon enough they might be able to piss off the USC, UCLA, Californias of the college football world. Their best bet is to see if they can join the Pac-10 or MWC.

The circumstances are a bit different with us. Eventually i knew the big three (Florida, Florida st. Miami) had to schedule us because we are starting to convince many of the florida kids to come to USF, especially the kids from the Miami area. Thats how you make teams play you. You start taking recruits from their back yard. Then again we also have very good recruits coming out the Tampa area.

Boise has a big problem because i dont think Idaho has that many recruits. I think if they start recruiting in Cali, soon enough they might be able to piss off the USC, UCLA, Californias of the college football world. Their best bet is to see if they can join the Pac-10 or MWC.

Uh, what? Like who? The only recruit I can think of is Kayvon Webster, but that was just this past year, and we had played USF 3 times, I believe, and had them scheduled for the next few years.

There are a few schools in similar situations - FIU, FAU, even UCF - that have been as long or longer than USF, and are located in the Florida hotbed of recruiting, that haven't had near the success or 'validation' that USF has had. There is obviously something else going on other then Kayvon Webster.

Uh, what? Like who? The only recruit I can think of is Kayvon Webster, but that was just this past year, and we had played USF 3 times, I believe, and had them scheduled for the next few years.

There are a few schools in similar situations - FIU, FAU, even UCF - that have been as long or longer than USF, and are located in the Florida hotbed of recruiting, that haven't had near the success or 'validation' that USF has had. There is obviously something else going on other then Kayvon Webster.

Kayvon Webster, George Baker, Sterling Griffin, Steven Jacques, Victor Marc, Ricardo Dixon, Jatavious Jackson, Jon Lejiste.

These are all 3star recruits or better from the Miami area. All these kids were recruited in the last 2 years. I would say thats a nice amount of players from the Miami area.

As far as the last comment, i do agree with you. I know UCF, FIU, FAU have the same opportunities as us. It also comes down to coaching too. Jim Levitt is a good coach.

Kayvon Webster, George Baker, Sterling Griffin, Steven Jacques, Victor Marc, Ricardo Dixon, Jatavious Jackson, Jon Lejiste.

These are all 3star recruits or better from the Miami area. All these kids were recruited in the last 2 years. I would say thats a nice amount of players from the Miami area.

As far as the last comment, i do agree with you. I know UCF, FIU, FAU have the same opportunities as us. It also comes down to coaching too. Jim Levitt is a good coach.

Again, that makes absolutely no sense. Why would we schedule USF for 2006, if we lost all of these recruits (that we never offered by the way) to USF 2-3 years later?

Again, that makes absolutely no sense. Why would we schedule USF for 2006, if we lost all of these recruits (that we never offered by the way) to USF 2-3 years later?

Well thats not the only reason obviously. Why not play a game every one in the state of florida wants to see (or at least those in the miami and tampa areas). Its about money.

Well thats not the only reason obviously. Why not play a game every one in the state of florida wants to see (or at least those in the miami and tampa areas). Its about money.

It's not a reason at all.

Again, this new argument doesn't make sense because there are other teams in similar situations. Does FAU just not want to be an elite program? Is that what it boils down to? Obviously it took significant effort for USF to get to where they are today.

It's not a reason at all.

Again, this new argument doesn't make sense because there are other teams in similar situations. Does FAU just not want to be an elite program? Is that what it boils down to? Obviously it took significant effort for USF to get to where they are today.

Ok this is what i mean by it being different?

It was inevitable for USF to become a good program. We have a whole city at our disposal. A lot of good players come from Tampa. All we have to do is find a way to keep them. FAU competes with Miami. The only school i can see you having some sort of reason for is UCF.

I dont think Idaho has as many good recruits as Florida. They play in a mediocre conference although they have dominated. What Boise need to do is what we did a few years back. They need to move to a better conference. We started in Conf USA and we moved to the Big East. Miami was in the Big East and the moved to the ACC. You see the trend? Once you start dominating the conference you move on to a better one. Thats how you can play better teams.

Ok this is what i mean by it being different?

It was inevitable for USF to become a good program. We have a whole city at our disposal. A lot of good players come from Tampa. All we have to do is find a way to keep them. FAU competes with Miami. The only school i can see you having some sort of reason for is UCF.

I dont think Idaho has as many good recruits as Florida. They play in a mediocre conference although they have dominated. What Boise need to do is what we did a few years back. They need to move to a better conference. We started in Conf USA and we moved to the Big East. Miami was in the Big East and the moved to the ACC. You see the trend? Once you start dominating the conference you move on to a better one. Thats how you can play better teams.

Now you're talking.

As far as dominating a conference - USF played two seasons in Conf USA and finished 3rd and 6th. That's not a reason either.

They just joined a better conference, and that was that. And USF is still being taken seriously despite 0 conference titles in their school's history. That must eat Boise fans alive.

Now you're talking.

As far as dominating a conference - USF played two seasons in Conf USA and finished 3rd and 6th. That's not a reason either.

They just joined a better conference, and that was that. And USF is still being taken seriously despite 0 conference titles in their school's history. That must eat Boise fans alive.

To be honest, i think a major reason why we moved up so fast is because we are one of the top 10 biggest universities in the US (enrollment wise were 9th i believe). Not that being a good football team had nothing to do with it, but it wasn't the only reason. I don't think Boise has that.

Whats crazy is that UCF is in the Top 3 enrollment wise so i have no idea how they haven't moved from Conference USA into a BCS conference.

Well we have beaten very good teams consistently in our short history.

You have to be invited into a BCS conference. There is absolutely nothing BSU can actively do to speed the process or get themselves into the favored bunch.

The MWC is also no guarantee. TCU as a non-factor in the national title talk is evidence of that. But if the MWC does invite BSU, they may have a more compelling argument to gain access to an automatic qualifying bid.

So your suggestion is to ask USF what to do? They'd say wait for an invite into a BCS conference. A lot of help that would be.

I know Michigan was talking to Boise about a home and home for the next two seasons, but at the last second we signed a deal with UCONN.

And I dunno if anybody would really destroy Boise anymore. Last BCS school that destroyed Boise went up against a very young team with Jared Zabransky starting his first ever game.

Boise IMO has become so much better since Hawkins left. Peterson IMO could be a top 5 HC when it comes to playcalling.

You have to be invited into a BCS conference. There is absolutely nothing BSU can actively do to speed the process or get themselves into the favored bunch.

The MWC is also no guarantee. TCU as a non-factor in the national title talk is evidence of that. But if the MWC does invite BSU, they may have a more compelling argument to gain access to an automatic qualifying bid.

So your suggestion is to ask USF what to do? They'd say wait for an invite into a BCS conference. A lot of help that would be.

Honestly if you guys were on the east coast i wouldn't mind having Boise int he big east. Thats a big problem the Big East has. We only have 8 teams.

Back
Top Bottom