The truth about Wandstedt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The truth about Wandstedt

That's really amazing that between you and this aspiring writer have figured out the truth, when no one else has.

I like my writers to have credibility, thanks.

In my opinion, I don't think Wannstedt's a bad coach he's just a bad personnel guy. He's also too defensive minded and has very little charisma. Does this describe any other coach in the league (hint he's in our division and in the super bowl). If we would have had a half-way decent offense we would have been in the playoffs but that's besides the point. What's also besides the point is wanting to fire Wannstedt after he's been given an extension. Let's see what this year brings and then we can fire him if there's no improvement.

p.s. When Belichick coached the Browns he had an awful record. Does that mean he was an awful coach and if he was an awful coach then what took place that made him one of the greatest?

Originally posted by Disgustipate
That's really amazing that between you and this aspiring writer have figured out the truth, when no one else has.

Whats amazing is that I had to read such a retarded post ! There are plenty of people who would agree with every word that writer said . I would like to hear you prove him wrong if he lacks credibility.

Originally posted by Disgustipate

Whatever man, there is a lot in that article that I agree with and during the season people were bringing up, his lack of in game adjustments, the lack of prepardness, his scheming, Mare not practicing from the Dirt etc etc.

I for one and maybe I am in the minority here, am disappointed that we didn't seriously look for another coach. Granted there wasn't much to choose from, but there were coords out there that could have made the jump to HC.

Again I will hold my breath that we do actually target our needs this OS and that Wanne can actually do something now that he only has one title, but I am still, like this writer, very skeptical. Wanne is a nice guy, I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family for drinks many years ago, but he is not the bastard a HC needs to be and thus will IMO always be the affable, bumbling Don Knotts of Coaching.

Anyway what is your credibility which allows you to rip this guy a new one because he has a contrary opinion to yours? You some sort of HC guru that we don't know about or are you just somebody who doesn't appreciate opinions different to yours?

i just got wood...thats britney right? I wonder if she'll marry me for a few hours?

I think this article has been posted here before; it looked very familiar. I agree with some of what he says, but to call Wanny's record of "absolute ineptitude" is wrong. His four years have produced a record of 41-23, with a division title, two play-off appearances, a winning record every year, and at least 10 wins in all but one year. Should the Dolphins have done better? In every year except for possibly 2000, yes. But absolute ineptitude? Far from it. A good example of absolute ineptitude would be Steve Spurrier in Washington.

The article was written Dec. 30th.

Thing is, do the names Lovie Smith, Mike Mularky, and Jim Mora Jr. make your toes tingle??

wow that pic of B. Spears is excellent....she is tight and hot as hell...

MNFINFAN...in a new thread I asked if that pic of yours was Britney but you never replied...it looks like her but a little older...WOW!!!

its her right?

Wanny is a good coach. he is not that bad a personell guy either. he did get us ricky initiated and he was involved with rick in getting alot of guys. The problem with wannstedt to me is being more invovled with whats happening as it happens. He does not get into players faces when they screw up for the fifth time. I believe he has to either get into their face or make them pay with playing time no matter who it is. Belechick dont give a damn who you are, thats why he is no. 1.

The same guy writes this about the Rams week one:

"Game One means little in the NFL season. However, Game Two means a lot".

Then this at the end of the year about the fins:
"If the Dolphins had beaten the Texans in Week One, they would've made the playoffs. Instead, they were caught looking past the second-year franchise and lost 21-20. It is inexcusable for a team that has the entire offseason to prepare for one game to come out so flat and unmotivated. Most glaring, the young Texans, who hit two field goals with less than five minutes to go, including a 35-yarder with 25 seconds left, looked much more composed down the stretch than the Dolphins. This loss set the tone for a disappointing season."

Make up your mind.

Originally posted by Section126
Okay guys....have at it. :rolleyes:

So, we finally get to see what 126 actually looks like!!. :lol:

In all seriousness, this clown knows nothing more than anyone else. He's using nothing but hindsight to come up with his evaluations IMO....

That's the way the season went, nothing more. Sure, there were some bad calls made at times, but what HC doesn't make a questionable call every now and then???...Can you say Martz??

He had this Phinz team in position to win every game in 2003, {with the exception of the Titans game}...

Dave could have gone out there against the Pats, and tried to kick the ball off of the dirt, but that's not what his job is. It's K O. Mare's job. Mare choked....2x's!!!

He could have gone out there and played LT on the final drive against the Colts, but W. Smith was the starter, and he had to let him finish. It proved to be a painful learning experience. With JF out, and BG completely immobile, the fumble ended it. Who's fault???....Don't know for sure. The OL played like doo doo....

The loss to the Eagles was expected, but the way it went down, the Phinz had every chance to win that game. The defense took a dump that night allowing the Eagles to march at will. Poor tackling, poor coverage{opening play}, and McNabb was pretty much having his way....

These poor opinions of Dave are somewhat deserved, but not entirely. The players have to do their jobs as well. It's like this....

Last season, heading into Minnesota, Dave hung a big lobster trap inside the lockeroom. He used it as a "trap" warning. He told the players to be very careful about this game, and treat it as if it were a playoff game. Needless to say, the team came out very flat, and lost....

As a result, everyone in Phinland was saying how dumb Dave was for hanging that trap in the lockeroom.

Why??...Because we lost. If we had won, and then winning the AFC East as a result, the Phinz fans would have gone out and crowned Wanny "KING DAVE".

Dave is doing his best. Give him a break people....

Just remember, we had the almighty coaching genius Jimmy Johnson here for four years, and he couldn't get them over the hump either....

That leads you to wonder. Is it really the coaching afterall???....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by aquaman
i just got wood...thats britney right? I wonder if she'll marry me for a few hours?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
wow that pic of B. Spears is excellent....she is tight and hot as hell...

MNFINFAN...in a new thread I asked if that pic of yours was Britney but you never replied...it looks like her but a little older...WOW!!!

its her right?

Sorry Sal, work gets in the way of me reading all the posts that I have replied to, yes that is her Royal Sexiness, damn Aquaman, just get to the end of the line, cause I claimed next first.

Back
Top Bottom