The UDFA thread... | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The UDFA thread...

6'3 and 205 with long 32 7/8" arms, 80.5" wingspan, and a 6.71 cone, 38.5" VJ. I'd try him first at his college position, corner. Though he only ran a 4.62 forty which probably kept him from being drafted. Could be interchangeable.
Not that I think 40 times are everything, I don't. That is a very bad time to be a quality NFL corner. If it is a true reflection of his working field speed, not sure he is rosterable.

I think the backup center will be on the practice squad. Eich, maybe Driscoll will be emergency backups to finish out a game if Brewer goes out. They won't rotate center and centers don't play on ST so it would be an extravagant use of a roster spot. And we have lots of other positions where the team tends to carry extras (DT this year, Edge once all are healthy, RB if you count the FB, CB due to their ST prowess).
Problem with that is if someone else loses a center, they could poach our guy

Problem with that is if someone else loses a center, they could poach our guy
We'd have to risk that or use one of the protected slots. I could be wrong just don't see a dedicated backup C as worthy of a roster spot. If the player can also serviceably cover the guard positions too, that's a different story.

Last edited:
We'd have to risk that or use one of the protected slots. I could be wrong just don't see a dedicated backup C as worthy of a roster spot. If the player can also serviceably cover the guard positions too, that's a different story.

This seems to be reflected to a large degree in whom we selected.

That's why I asked if Risner or any of these other free agents can slide to center. I'd much prefer our RG move to center and put Eich at RG should Brewer get hurt. Cannot have Eich be our only option at back up center. It will ruin us.

Not that I think 40 times are everything, I don't. That is a very bad time to be a quality NFL corner. If it is a true reflection of his working field speed, not sure he is rosterable.
Probably why some feel he projects better as a safety. The forty time does not jive with his lower body explosiveness or short area quickness. Watch some of his videos and form your own conclusions about his working field speed.

If it is Meyer and he is the definite #2 center and active on game days, it doesn't mean he cannot fill in at OG either.

Probably why some feel he projects better as a safety. The forty time does not jive with his lower body explosiveness or short area quickness. Watch some of his videos and form your own conclusions about his working field speed.
I appreciate what you are saying, but Safeties have to be able to cover ground quickly in any modern defense. They don't, necessarily, have to match WRs long speed stride for stride, but if he is "slow" by NFL standards, he will be exposed as a liability.

Not saying that is the case, or not. Sounds like backup slot cover might be viable.

I appreciate what you are saying, but Safeties have to be able to cover ground quickly in any modern defense. They don't, necessarily, have to match WRs long speed stride for stride, but if he is "slow" by NFL standards, he will be exposed as a liability.

Not saying that is the case, or not. Sounds like backup slot cover might be viable.
Just watch him and pretend you don't know his 40 time already. See what you think. His PFF coverage grades were almost identical to Ennis Rakestraw's and better than Cooper DeJean's. His run defense grades were even better.

There was another player mentioned who has been a tryout invite for both KC and Miami. I'll see if I can find the name.
The other player who has been invited on a tryout basis by both KC and Miami is DT Mario Kendricks from Va Tech.

Back
Top Bottom