the UnBiased Camp report for 6-17-03 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

the UnBiased Camp report for 6-17-03

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey folks, MB here with a camp report from day 2 of this mini-camp session....

An comfortable overcast day turned into rain and then to brightening and hot sun as the day progressed...

Jason TAylor was absent again, however NFL-Europe's Dario Romero and Kendall NEwson were participating in today's activities....

Charlie Rogers continued to impress running and catching the ball, which could mean the end of NFL's comeback player of the year Robert Edwards. We'll see when pads go on....

Ricky Williams was running everywhere and catchign some short passes...

Fiedler and Griese both looked a lot better than they did yesterday. I have noticed that the difference between the two basically is the the result of where hte ball goes, Jay either is dead-on or way off, as some of his passes went astray while others were put right in their place...Griese tends to lay the ball in the vicinity of the reciever, most of the time hes accurate....he lobbed a pass that was picked off my Jamar Fletcher (2nd time in two days hes been picked) and no, i did not see fiedler get picked off, it was close on some plays though...

As far as the recievers go, Derrius Thompson, Randy McMichael, and J.R. Tolver caught some great passes, I have some pictures that I will put up later....

Jay Fiedler, Terrell Buckley (kept his promise that he would auto today) David Bowens, Shawn and Sage Rosnefels signed some autographs, I talked a little bit with my UCF alum Jimmy Fryzel, who has the best hands of any reciever out there today, but is a long shot to make the team due to his size and speed...he cant wait for the pads to come on, he's in a rudy-like situation and i hope he makes the team over robert baker or something...

If anyone else was there please let me know what i missed, i cant think of anything else to write....theres no new miscellaneous information today that wasnt already mentioned in yesterdays camp report

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
Hey folks, MB here with a camp report from day 2 of this mini-camp session....

An comfortable overcast day turned into rain and then to brightening and hot sun as the day progressed...

Jason TAylor was absent again, however NFL-Europe's Dario Romero and Kendall NEwson were participating in today's activities....

Charlie Rogers continued to impress running and catching the ball, which could mean the end of NFL's comeback player of the year Robert Edwards. We'll see when pads go on....

Ricky Williams was running everywhere and catchign some short passes...

Fiedler and Griese both looked a lot better than they did yesterday. I have noticed that the difference between the two basically is the the result of where hte ball goes, Jay either is dead-on or way off, as some of his passes went astray while others were put right in their place...Griese tends to lay the ball in the vicinity of the reciever, most of the time hes accurate....he lobbed a pass that was picked off my Jamar Fletcher (2nd time in two days hes been picked) and no, i did not see fiedler get picked off, it was close on some plays though...

As far as the recievers go, Derrius Thompson, Randy McMichael, and J.R. Tolver caught some great passes, I have some pictures that I will put up later....

Jay Fiedler, Terrell Buckley (kept his promise that he would auto today) David Bowens, Shawn and Sage Rosnefels signed some autographs, I talked a little bit with my UCF alum Jimmy Fryzel, who has the best hands of any reciever out there today, but is a long shot to make the team due to his size and speed...he cant wait for the pads to come on, he's in a rudy-like situation and i hope he makes the team over robert baker or something...

If anyone else was there please let me know what i missed, i cant think of anything else to write....theres no new miscellaneous information today that wasnt already mentioned in yesterdays camp report

Thx for taking the time to post that, it was a good read.

Oliver...

Thanks for info..................Wow Griese favorite target is Fletcher.;)

Nice to see Fletcher making plays and all that hard work he put in the offseason hopefully will payoff during the season.

Great uFF! Few questions if ya don't mind...

1.) Did Chambers practice?
2.) How did Sage look?
3.) How many attemps/completes did you see thrown over 25 yards?

Ultimate:

Did you see who the WRs were in the off passes by Fiedler?

If they were the same players repeatedly, this may be route running problem.

Norv runs alot of pass plays where the QB is supposed to have the ball on the way before the WRs breaks....

SAge always has that velocity and he always looks impressive, he hasnt had any reps with 2nd team since griese has gotten there though, so id idnt see much of him....

Chambers also did pretty well catchign the ball, just that tolver and thompson outshined him today

They were doing 2 minute drills in practice and fiedler had to throw a 45 yard pass, it fluttered and was knocked down lol, i saw a couple lobs, including one that was over 25 yards to derrius thompson, but i dont remember many others....

mcmichael was one of them, fiedler threw it so high for him that he had to be manute bol with springs to catch it....

I see Minor competing w/Rogers and Henry competing w/Edwards - no ?

Originally posted by dolphan39
I see Minor competing w/Rogers and Henry competing w/Edwards - no ?

I wouldn't take Rogers too serious at Rb until I see him run with pads.

You all know how I am with reports. Ozzy will give you a detailed report later tonight.

Both QBs did an adequate job today. Passes ranged from great to ducks for both.

For example: One quick out by Fiedler from the 10 yard line was nearly intercepted yet 5 minutes later he just zipped that thing for a TD.

Another example: One floater by Griese was picked off by Jamar and just a few minutes later he drilled the ball into the receiver.

Overall if I can compare last years QB School and this years: Jay looks further advanced than last year at the same time and of Griese is above and beyond Lucas. I feel extremly good about this season with both QBs on our roster. This offense will be deadly with either QB.

Ricky is having fun and he is fasssst. At one point he zipped down the sideline with the afterburners on I thought that guy needs a brake distance all the way up to Oh-lando. He is much much faster than last year. Now, Ricky is catching balls like a receiver as well. On one play he ran a slant and made a diving catch.

RB Charlie Rodgers is fast. he has to be.He is much smaller than any RB I've seen but he has an elusiveness that's awsome. At one point he kept on running (even after being touched) that he almost missed the next play.

TEs: Randy and Battaglia made some outstanding catches and Randy was found a lot of times as the primary target for the short over the middle stuff.

WRs: Unfortunately Chris jackson keeps on dropping the easy balls and Tolliver impressed me again.

Oh yeah, the weather was sunny, rainy and sunny.....

Side note: Wannstedt's and Randy McMichaels second jobs could easily be referees. Randy constantly called offside on the D ;) and Dave was just happy to execute the penalties...lol.

Now, that there will be a month of quietness I like to make an observation: considering that this was only QB school with no pads but while comparing the team from last year at the same time we are far more advanced and seem more insync. Griese has obviously a lot of fun out there and it seems that he is very quick in picking up the playbook. Both QBs ran similar plays. This team -to me- has the looks like they are on a mission this year.

Ozzy will of course provide you with more details....

Originally posted by FFiB
Overall if I can compare last years QB School and this years: Jay looks further advanced than last year at the same time and of Griese is above and beyond Lucas. I feel extremly good about this season with both QBs on our roster. This offense will be deadly with either QB.

That's awesome! I think that's what all Miami fans wanted to hear.

Ricky is having fun and he is fasssst. At one point he zipped down the sideline with the afterburners on I thought that guy needs a brake distance all the way up to Oh-lando. He is much much faster than last year. Now, Ricky is catching balls like a receiver as well. On one play he ran a slant and made a diving catch.

News like this warms the ****les of my heart. I'm not sure where the ****les of my heart are, but I'm sure they're warm.

Good report FFiB.....Also I would like to put my 2 cents in, like you said both QBs fluttered and zipped, I did notice watching griese, the timing is not there yet. I noticed enough passes were behind the receivers but that is to be expected. During the 2 min drill Dave and the D both got a little upset w/ Ogunleye for jumping offsides inside the 10 when either Brian or Jay went to spike the ball with about 11 secs left. Other than that you two covered it. Rickys diving catch was amazing by the way!!! Everything about Tolver is true, this kid has some hands, or a closet full of stick-em....lol!!!

Originally posted by Dolphins12thMan
Good report FFiB.....Also I would like to put my 2 cents in, like you said both QBs fluttered and zipped, I did notice watching griese, the timing is not there yet. I noticed enough passes were behind the receivers but that is to be expected. During the 2 min drill Dave and the D both got a little upset w/ Ogunleye for jumping offsides inside the 10 when either Brian or Jay went to spike the ball with about 11 secs left. Other than that you two covered it. Rickys diving catch was amazing by the way!!! Everything about Tolver is true, this kid has some hands, or a closet full of stick-em....lol!!!

I like Tolver a lot.

I am not so happy with jackson though....

I hope these guys don't get our WR/TE killed going up for catches.

Yeah everytime I see this kid Tolver, I like him more and more. I was really dissapointed with Chris Jackson, he continues to drop easy passes..

Back
Top Bottom