The Unsung Hero of the 2008 Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Unsung Hero of the 2008 Dolphins

TonySporanoTuna

I'm a huge douchebag
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/117511-the-unsung-hero-of-the-2008-miami-dolphins

After years of dealing with marijuana issues, Williams became more well known for his drug habit than his running ability. More suspensions were only a drug test away and it seemed like Williams cared more about getting high than playing football.
In 2007, Williams played in one game, had six rushing attempts and no touchdowns. That's a bad day in the NFL and an even worse stat line in a single season. He didn't play at all in 2006 for violating the NFL drug policy and was suspended the entire season.
This past season, Williams rushed for 659 yards, amassed 160 receiving yards and scored five total touchdowns. For a player who hadn't been on a football field much—one carry in extremely-limited playing time—in two whole years, that's pretty impressive.
Williams is a player that went from being a complete nothing two years ago to coming back and performing better than anyone expected. He was the joke of the league and in some ways, still is—a failed drug test and Ricky is still Ricky and out of the NFL for good. Statistically, he's one of the better No. 2 running backs in the NFL, all while staying drug free and very under the radar.

he did have a great year for us.. and he is a great No. 2 running back and i am thankful that we have an extra talent in the backfield.. but i also will never forgive him for the pain he put me through.. and i still do not trust him 100% that he wont get in trouble again.. but as long as he is a fin and producing ill root for him.. so GO RICKY

Back
Top Bottom