The View from WQAM on Miami's 2004 Free Agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The View from WQAM on Miami's 2004 Free Agency

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins 2004 Free Agency Preview
By Chris Catania, NFL Correspondent

(Sports Network) - The Dolphins made a big splash in free agency and the trade market last season, but all the big names didn't put the team over the top. Miami won 10 games and missed the playoffs last season. The highly-touted defense put up impressive statistics once again, but when Miami absolutely had to have a stop, the defense wasn't up to the task.

The anticipated arrival of QB Brian Griese was more hype than substance. Griese showed he is not the answer to Miami's quarterback problems, and on March 3, Miami is expected to complete a trade for Philadelphia No. 3 QB A.J. Feeley, who will have an opportunity to compete against Jay Fiedler for the starting job.

http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=templatesports.htm&recno=194

These are just people speculating
I trust Spielman so far.
I'm going to give him a chance to make things better

Originally posted by Unconquered

Thats the only part I dont understand. Well, I agree about the safety part but I thought our LB core was solid.
unless you consider Greenwood (RFA) and Hendricks (UFA) as not coming back or E Moore as not being ready or Jr. as getting cut, we are set at LB

Hey 39

Originally posted by dolphan39
this is the article you meant: http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=templatesports.htm&recno=194

we need to re-sign Wade now for sure now that the Chiefs use transition tag on Tait. It is looking like last year where all the good OTs are protected. We s/sign Wade ASAP

I'm hearing two different stories on Wade. One is that he's mediocre and we'd be crazy to pay him the kind of money he wants. But I have a friend who says a crazy great player and we better re-sign him quickly.

Which is more accurate? That kind of money scares me especially when we only have a week to get under the cap.

Opinion?

We'll have to sign Wade cos there's nobody else out there in free agency that we'd want to's take less money. As far as LB's, we shoyld be set with Jenkins,Moore and Hendrinks as the back up's.As far as safeties, if Marion leaves then Freeman will start. If Freman leaves too then this kid Bell might get a chance to start and be our next Ogun who was hurt his last year in school but has a lot of upside.

Ozzy rules!!

Yermiah Bell? I don't think he is going to start anytime soon. More than likely, Freeman will go elsewhere and Bell could backup Marion and/or Knight to try and gain some knowledge but I don't see him coming in to start this season. I trust that Marion and Knight will continue to roam back there.

Back
Top Bottom