The way it needs to go. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The way it needs to go.

Sign Deilman in the offseason

Quinn falls to us at #9 = we trade out of our spot with a suiter who wants him a little lower than us and pick up some draft picks with it (obviously)

draft Levi Brown later in the first (he is not worth the #9 spot, but we can't drop to far)

draft Ryan Kalil in the second

that overhauls our offensive line and sets us for years. now before i get jumped on for this let me give you my logic. i believe in giving cpep a chance when he is actually healthy. he now has a 'QBs' coach to work with and mobility is part of his thing after all, if he cant be mobile we now have a line that can actually block for him. that will increase his chance of success dramatically. Look at the players that come back from what he went through. Takes them 2 years. so now this gives us a solid offensive line with a little less of a question mark at qb still. however either cpep comes out guns blazing and shows us why we got him or he fails and becomes an expensive backup until we cut or trade him after the season. now if he fails that gives us lemon to look at for the rest of the year. now if lemon comes out guns blazing we have a young qb for years to come and we are set, if not what is our record at the end of the year if they are both terrible? probably horrible. this puts us high in the draft next year to pick a franchise qb. and if this happens who do we have to protect him and make his life much easier? thats right, a newly constructed offensive line that has played together for a year. sure there would be growing pains if it works out this way, but our line will be solid and once our young franchise QB gets experiance look out. Logically this makes the most sense to me.

Dielman and Levi Brown both play LT...I dont know if they can play other positions

I would rather take quinn and be a good team for years to come. rather than just plug holes and try to win now.

Those holes he's talking about plugging have effected EVERY QB we've had in the past 10 years.

Quit reaching for the stars and build a better platform to reach from.

IF WE DO NOT GET THIS OLINE FIXED, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS ON OFFENSE.

Does ANYONE else on this board understand this concept?!

bad news..... the Texans is going to trade David Carr....and probably draft Brady Quinn.

I think the Texans will trade down if Peterson doesn't fall to them. They need a RB, and their full of themselves if they don't draft one in the 1st.

I don't know why people keep ignoring the quarterback position and keep talking about drafting a linemen in the first round? How many more years do you want to ignore the quarterback position before you want to win? If Brady Quinn is there when the fins pick at number 9 - its a no brainer. You draft a quarterback and maybe then you will see Miami back in the playoffs! No more QB's that couldn't cut it on other teams coming to Miami. It hasn't worked yet for us and I don't see it happening with Culpepper or Harrington any time soon.

" If you did what you always did, you will get what you always got"

Actually, they'll probably trade Carr and trade for...Jake Plummer. I think that the Texans are gonna take a break from trying to develop a young QB. Just my opinion.
I agree. They do not have the time or the patience to groom another QB. They might draft another QB in the later rounds. They have bigger needs than QB

Those holes he's talking about plugging have effected EVERY QB we've had in the past 10 years.

Quit reaching for the stars and build a better platform to reach from.

IF WE DO NOT GET THIS OLINE FIXED, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS ON OFFENSE.

Does ANYONE else on this board understand this concept?!

I Know the O-Line needs attention. HOWEVER if you can get your franchise QB you take him. Their are some good FA linemen out there and you can still get a quality starter in round 2 if we chose to. If Quinn is there at 9 the pick has got to be him. Don't get me wrong I would like to have Joe Thomas or levi Brown but if Quinn is still on the board I would take him over either of them.

Back
Top Bottom