The Williams Effect.....And You | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Williams Effect.....And You

I must say i would love for that plan to be the fins blueprint for this offseason,but im sure they will address the DE position in this draft,and probably earlier than later.I could see us grabbing a guy like D.Jackson from seattle,or D.White from the bears in free agency instead of drafting a WR in the first round.Then i could see them go OL,and DE in the first round.Thats if they let OGUN leave,but i can see him being retained.

I also think we need a first round pick. With Mike Williams now in the situation, there are even more really good WRs, and now there is even a better chance of us getting a really good WR at #20. While we do have holes to fill at OL and QB, WR is a need as well, and we should really get one in the first round of the upcoming draft.

a 'virtual' trade of Ogunleye for Carey?? Any GM in the game would fall on the floor laughing!!!!!:lol:

O-Gun should be high-tendered and attempted to be resigned. If another team is willing to come in and dish up a 1st AND a 3rd, then we sadly let him walk.

A team will give up two picks for him......the Eagles were willing to for KGB last year, who is a one dimensional player, unlike O-Gun.

Also, I don't know how you think we can 'somewhat adequately' replace him with the list of scrubs you through up there. He is a blossoming STAR. He stood out even in the Pro Bowl. If he leaves, it better not be for any less the two picks.

I say you pick Rivers and Williams with the two picks and get a lineman via FA. I think you can ill afford to have anyone playing behind rookie lineman (see Wade Smith last year) There are soem goof FA lineman and we need two of them.

Also remember no matter who is back there this team starts and ends with Ricky running the ball. We need line help.

Originally posted by burger13
a 'virtual' trade of Ogunleye for Carey?? Any GM in the game would fall on the floor laughing!!!!!:lol:

Well I'm not a GM bro. Just a fan having fun. ;) All I'm saying is that you could take the pick aquired for Wally and use it on Carey. I know, I'm a revolutionary in the field. So try and keep up. :tongue:

O-Gun should be high-tendered and attempted to be resigned. If another team is willing to come in and dish up a 1st AND a 3rd, then we sadly let him walk.

A team will give up two picks for him......the Eagles were willing to for KGB last year, who is a one dimensional player, unlike O-Gun.

Hey, if a team wants to offer more picks for him, I'm certainly not gonna stop them. :) I just don't think anyone is going to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him. That's why I said "mid-first round pick".....because that's the best we'll be able to get IMO.

But we cannot afford to tender him any lower than a 1 and 3 because there is a greater risk of losing him. That's why I'm favor of tendering him high, then listening to trade offers.

Also, I don't know how you think we can 'somewhat adequately' replace him with the list of scrubs you through up there. He is a blossoming STAR. He stood out even in the Pro Bowl. If he leaves, it better not be for any less the two picks.

"Somewhat adequately" is certainly not a glowing endorsement. I want to make that clear. What I meant is, it's not like we'd be completely bare at the position if he left.

David Bowens actually was beating out Wally in 2002 before he got hurt. He's an outstanding pass rusher. Remains to be seen what he can do in the run game. But the Dolphins certainly thought high enough of him to give him a 3-year deal worth $5 million (with escalators and incentives making it worth nearly $10 million) last March, even after Ogunleye had broken out in 2002. He's injury prone. But he's also a talented, high-motor guy.

Jay Williams can play the run and get pressure. Rob Burnett has not officially retired. He's actually still on the fence. I think he'll return. It's hard for some guys to let go of the game.

Again, I'm not saying we'd be replacing Wally. Just that we wouldn't be in dire straits.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I say you pick Rivers and Williams with the two picks and get a lineman via FA. I think you can ill afford to have anyone playing behind rookie lineman (see Wade Smith last year) There are soem goof FA lineman and we need two of them.

Also remember no matter who is back there this team starts and ends with Ricky running the ball. We need line help.

Most definitely. I think we have to come away with at least one starting guard in free agency. Chris Villareal looks like he could be in the cards. I think he plays the right side. I'd rather get a LG and and let Nails (re-sign), Whitley, and perhaps a rookie (Carey) battle it out for the right side. You can never have enough good lineman. But I'll take Villareal anyway.

I think Carey could make an impact right away. He's big and strong enough. He seems quick enough. Could he be ready to think on his feet in the NFL?? Possibly. That's my hope (if we take him).

I think he's different from Wade Smith in that #1, he has the body already. And #2, we wouldn't be asking him to play LT. So right there he has two advantages that Smith didn't.

Ooooh this is fun. Lets start free agency already!! :)

The Facts : Neither D. Henson or P. Rivers can come in and start for us in 2004. They will be riding the bench at least one season....

We need a legit starter NOW.

That being the case, I think Henson and Rivers are both long shots at ending up in Miami. Unless Miami ends up signing an aging veteran QB like K. Warner or J. Garcia, I doubt we'll be drafting a rookie QB.....

That leaves us with QB P. Ramsey. He's young, and he's experienced enough to come in and start the 2004 season. He's got great upside just like Henson and Rivers, but he's also been though the necessary grooming process neither one of them have had yet....

I say we trade for Ramsey (#20 pick) if that's what it takes, and then with the 1st round compensation pick for DE A. Ogunleye, we draft the best WR on the board. We can add OL through FA....

That's my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:pirate:

That certainly wouldn't be a bad way of doing things either. Having Ramsey would really be great. But if we trade for Ramsey and don't aquire another 1st round pick, it'd be really rough not having a pick in the first 83 choices in a draft that is LOADED with talent in the upper echelon. Meanwhile, New England has two #1's, two #2's, a #3, and two #4's. :(

It's just not the year to be missing out. So hopefully we'll get a pick or two at the top.

Back
Top Bottom