The Wonderlic Means Nothing! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Wonderlic Means Nothing!

R&RExpress

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
lol i mean it means something but not enough to drop young down i say he goes no further than pick 7. his score was a 16. weird cuz marino happened to have the same score an look at him. now im not sayin it doesn't affect his draft value but its effect on his draft pick will not b nearly as severe as everyone portrays it to be.

jus my .02 GO FINS:dolphins: :dolphins:

R&RExpress said:
lol i mean it means something but not enough to drop young down i say he goes no further than pick 7. his score was a 16. weird cuz marino happened to have the same score an look at him. now im not sayin it doesn't affect his draft value but its effect on his draft pick will not b nearly as severe as everyone portrays it to be.

16 is better than 6 but 16 is still kinda low. i wouldn't be surprise to see him still available at 16.

Dan Marino had the world's best release to back up his throws. Vince Young can't dream about saying that, so another knock is only going to keep dropping him down the board.

i thought long before the wonderlic that young would have a hard time learning an NFL offense.

If it means nothing than why do they have players take it everyyear? Young could be special, But he is a 2 year project.

Dolfan5000 said:
Didn't we pick Marino up with the 27th pick though?

Somehwere around there I think it was 26 tho. However he had alot more questions around him other than just a bad test score

The Wonderlic is not meaningless but more teams are putting a greater emphasis on the personal interviews. If it takes a QB or another player more time to learn the NFL game, is he worth taking in the first round? Marino was suppose to sit his first year but the ineptitude of David Woodley accelerated his progression and well...the rest is history.

R&RExpress said:

Ya we don't need some test to tell us Vince young is dumb as a fence post. We already knew that!!!

2 year project

Skeet84 said:
If it means nothing than why do they have players take it everyyear? Young could be special, But he is a 2 year project.

The only 2 year project will be if Young can finish reading the playbook
within the 2 years!

MiamiRon

popularwar said:
Dan Marino had the world's best release to back up his throws. Vince Young can't dream about saying that, so another knock is only going to keep dropping him down the board.

Yeah Dan was pretty mobile too. Whats your point?

miamiron said:
The only 2 year project will be if Young can finish reading the playbook
within the 2 years!

MiamiRon

Yeah cus thats how long it took him to read the longhorn playbook and take them to the championship game and win it. fools i tell ya! fools!

Back
Top Bottom