The WR position, and the draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The WR position, and the draft...

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

I think that with Chambers coming off a big year, with his confidence soaring, and now with a legitimate top notch passer coming in, we have nothing to worry about in terms of a go to receiver. At his age, with his ability, Chambers is a true #1 WR and a guy that I think has unlimited potential.

Marty Booker is a player that has done a great job as a posession receiver in the past when he was a very reliable target in the Chicago offense. This past year, he made a lot of plays in the vertical passing game and I think he is a solid #2 guy.

Wes Welker is a solid slot reciever, and Fred Gibson as well as Kelly Campbell have potential, and could contribute.

The problem is, should (god forbid) one of our starters go down with an injury, we don't have another guy who is capable of being an adequate-or better replacement in the starting lineup. Welker uses his quickness and smarts real well to gain seperation on 3rd down, and other situations where he can line up against a 3rd corner, and make some nice plays. Campbell still has upide, and he is a guy that can be used in sets where he can make a play down the field, or run after the catch. Welker/Campbell.. are role players that should contribute; but they are not fit (at least not at this point) to play more significant roles, and if an injury occurs, this could mean trouble as far as throwing the football is concerned.

I am pretty certain that Nick Saban and Randy Mueller and co. want to get another reciever in here. I don't believe, however, that Santonio Holmes is a) the best solution in this department or b) more than a smokescreen in our pre-draft preparation. If Chad Jackson is sitting there at 16, take him. With his size, speed, intermediate skills, and home-run capability, he is a difference maker that is worth this selection, even with the needs (although not entirely crucial) on the offensive line, at linebacker (w/o Arrington), and possibly at the corner spot.

If Jackson is gone, which is likely considering Denver's interest in him and their obvious need at this position. The guy that I really like is Martin Nance out of Miami, Ohio. I think that this guy could very possibly be the best reciever to come out of this class. With his combination of size, strong hands, route running skills, and explosiveness despite lack of timed speed; I don't see any reason that he won't have a great deal of success in the NFL. I want to get a WR who can be a legitimate outside guy in case of injury, and also offer potential and push for time. All for now...

-Bo

i really like your suggestion. what round is he projected to go in?

Back
Top Bottom