There is a reason why Joe Gibbs wants Brunnel, we better make a run for it...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a reason why Joe Gibbs wants Brunnel, we better make a run for it......

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I would say if there was a guy that knows how to succeed in the Nfl then It would be Joe Gibbs. The redskins have a very talented team and under the guidance of spurrier, nothing has happened but late season failures and failure to manage his team.

If guys like him are interested in Brunnel then it tells me how much confidence he has for such a good quarterback who hasn't hit his prime. You can all say Brunnel is washed up but one thing is certain, he can throw the ball and he knows how to manage an offense. This has been said many times but my point is if the dolphins are lookin for an experience passer then they will lose out if they skip brunnell. We need to protect him however and our first round pick doesn't have to bet a quarterback but an offensive lineman. I don't think that Mark Brunnell will be staying in Miami Knowing his situation will be like Ramseys. Washington isn't just gonna spend a 1st round pick on a "failure". Ramsey is a good accurate passer when he is getting help. As for the reports of Washington offering a first round pick, I would highly doubt that and the media is just speculating.

it is too early to know for sure what Joe Gibbs is up to at this point. Don't believe the hype! its just all talk right now.

I think you're assuming a lot. There's no guarantee that Gibbs will succeed in Washington, even so, he can't be too smart given Ramsey's performances. I can't imagine Brunell is that much better then Ramsey, when he's young & talented and knows the personnel and system. He's going to get a vet who hasn't played all year, going to a new team, new system and expect a better and quicker return? Sounds like a huge gamble. I'd personally rather have Ramsey.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
I think you're assuming a lot. There's no guarantee that Gibbs will succeed in Washington, even so, he can't be too smart given Ramsey's performances. I can't imagine Brunell is that much better then Ramsey, when he's young & talented and knows the personnel and system. He's going to get a vet who hasn't played all year, going to a new team, new system and expect a better and quicker return? Sounds like a huge gamble. I'd personally rather have Ramsey.

I can almost assure you Gibbs will not keep the same offense in Washington that Spurrier ran, so Ramsey's going to have to learn a new offense too.

Yea but Ramsey is there right now, with the coaches and he has a relationship with everyone already.

I just don't think it's so cut and dry that because a nascar owner out of football for 5 decades is picked to be some QB genius and has discovered some holy auroa that Brunell has and is about to sweep him away from us. We already like Brunell, but is Gibbs gets him oh well, I'll take a few other guys just the same, Ramsey being one of them.

We've liked Brunell for months now and just because Gibbs wants him too, Gibbs is a genius and we've miss judged Brunell's worth? I guess Jax did too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by bigmiamifan

Last Tme I heard, Joe Gibbs has plenty of superbowls to know what how to assemble a team. He has enough talent to deal with. His offensive line played horible in the half of the season but they have among two of the best linemen in the nfl. They have 3 pro bowl linebackers, two great cornerbacks. It will take time but I will asure you that they will make the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom