There Is Still Interest In Wadsworth... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There Is Still Interest In Wadsworth...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have heard that the DOlphins are still keeping tabs on FA DE ANDRE WADSWORTH...who plans on working out before team scouts....just before the college draft in early April. Wadsworth surely came out of FSU with a ton of pass-rushing ability...he was just a natural-born pass-rusher. Unfortunately...he has just been hampered by knee injuries...right from his earliest years with the Cardinals. The Dolphins had expressed interest in Wadsworth last season...but WADSWORTH wanted to take a whole year off...and just concentrate on his rehabilitation...he just was not healthy enough to play last season..for anybody.
The Dolphins....if they are unable to re-sign DE LORENZO BROMELL......might look at WADSWORTH next month....and see him as a cheaper alternative...
Basically....WADSWORTH coming to the Dolphins...would be in comparison to the recent signing of RB ROBERT EDWARDS.
Its kind of a low-risk...but well worth it...if he can make the team as a role player.
DCH

DCH................

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
I have heard that the DOlphins are still keeping tabs on FA DE ANDRE WADSWORTH...who plans on working out before team scouts....just before the college draft in early April. Wadsworth surely came out of FSU with a ton of pass-rushing ability...he was just a natural-born pass-rusher. Unfortunately...he has just been hampered by knee injuries...right from his earliest years with the Cardinals. The Dolphins had expressed interest in Wadsworth last season...but WADSWORTH wanted to take a whole year off...and just concentrate on his rehabilitation...he just was not healthy enough to play last season..for anybody.
The Dolphins....if they are unable to re-sign DE LORENZO BROMELL......might look at WADSWORTH next month....and see him as a cheaper alternative...
Basically....WADSWORTH coming to the Dolphins...would be in comparison to the recent signing of RB ROBERT EDWARDS.
Its kind of a low-risk...but well worth it...if he can make the team as a role player.
DCH

I've just got to totally agree with you on Andre Wadsworth. I had the privelage of watching him play while he was at FSU, and let me tell you that he wreaked total havoc on the opposing team's o-line and quarterback. If the 'phins are able to sign Wadsworth, it would definitely be a risk worth taking. If he's able to stay healthy, I GUARANTEE you that he's one of the best Defensive ends in the game, bottom line.:cool:

I agree,I think Wadsworth can really make an impact if he pushes hard enough.

I have to agree,, if Wadsworth is cleared by doctors , passes the physical, and will sign at the veterans minimum than it is time to say bye bye Lorenzo !!! Marino1983

Wadsworth was a high draft pick bust, If we can sign him for cheap, cheap he is worth a shot, but do not go out of our way to spend money on some washed up has been, before he had a chance, walking injury, I do not like signing players that missed a season, cause of injury they are not the same when they come back, exception maybe garrison hearst, but we will find out this year if he starts for someone. Go FINS Go

Originally posted by DIRTYCASHHOLDIN
DCH

Anything is better than Bromell, at least Wadsworth might just might take pressure off JT.

He was a beast in college! Ended up drafted by Ariz. :cry: Bad team........bad ownership. If a class team (like us):) would`ve gotten him I think he`d of had a better carreer so far. Bottom line.........sign him at vet. min. :)

Originally posted by philyphin
Wadsworth was a high draft pick bust, If we can sign him for cheap, cheap he is worth a shot, but do not go out of our way to spend money on some washed up has been, before he had a chance, walking injury, I do not like signing players that missed a season, cause of injury they are not the same when they come back, exception maybe garrison hearst, but we will find out this year if he starts for someone. Go FINS Go

Signing players that have missed at least one season is the only way to use that loophole that let's you pay a vet 750,000$ and only have 450,000$ count against the cap. They HAVE to have been out of football for at least one season, for whatever reason.

I dunno....2 bad knees and a year off...Its probably just as bad for DEs as it is RBs when the knees go. They never fully recover 100%. Look at Jamal and TD. Garrison is a true rarity, and he still is highly at risk. AW should just retire while he can still walk straight. I mean no offense, but future health should not be compromised for 1 or 2 more playing years.

Back
Top Bottom