There will be alot of trades in this draft. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There will be alot of trades in this draft.

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
I can see alot of trading going on at the top of this draft. I can see the texans trading down to Tennesee or to NYJ. I can see the Saints maybe trading up. This is just what I think the top 5 will look like.

1. Tennesee(trade w/ HOU) Matt Leinart
2. New York Jets(trade w/NO) Reggie Bush
3. Houston( trade w/ TEN) Dbrick Ferguson
4. New Orleans(trade w/ NYJ) Vince Young
5. Green Bay Mario Williams

Just what I think might happen. I actually think that the Saints would trade down again and try and get Vince but I didn't want to complicate things too much.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I can see alot of trading going on at the top of this draft. I can see the texans trading down to Tennesee or to NYJ. I can see the Saints maybe trading up. This is just what I think the top 5 will look like.

1. Tennesee(trade w/ HOU) Matt Leinart
2. New York Jets(trade w/NO) Reggie Bush
3. Houston( trade w/ TEN) Dbrick Ferguson
4. New Orleans(trade w/ NYJ) Vince Young
5. Green Bay Mario Williams

Just what I think might happen. I actually think that the Saints would trade down again and try and get Vince but I didn't want to complicate things too much.

i could see it happening. i dont think it will though. i hope it doesnt, thats for sure.

Nah I think all New Orleans would have to do to put the stopper on any talks of trading up to Houston is convince the Texans that they'd take Bush if he's there. They have McAlister, but the Texans have Davis too. The Texans wouldn't want to trade down to Tennessee at #3 just to miss out on both Leinart and Bush.

The wildcard would be if Leinart came right out in public and said that he will not play for New Orleans, like Eli did with San Diego. If that is the case Tennessee may decide to call the Saints' bluff and wait until #3 to get Leinart.

However, it is in Leinart's best interest to get taken #2 overall rather than #3 overall, and obviously it is in New Orleans' best interest to convince the Titans that they WILL take Leinart if Bush is gone, so if Leinart privately confides to the Saints that he won't play for them, all they would have to do is ask that he not make that public knowledge, and his reward for playing along would be getting drafted #2 instead of #3.

Now, I could also see someone simultaneously trading a boat load of picks to the Texans to take Reggie Bush. But, that would be a separate deal from the Saints-Titans trade.

We'll figure this out with Vince Young added to the mix in a bit...when/if he declares. Despite everyone's assumption that he'll declare, to me he still sounds like a dude who still thinks he's going back to school. He called this rose bowl the last game he gets to play "with this group of seniors". That was no slip up. He deliberately wasn't giving away any intentions of coming out. I think he is truly undecided...and to me that points to staying in, especially since I think USC will win.

Back
Top Bottom