They screwed the fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

They screwed the fans

David

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
So the article says that Ricky told Wanny Friday afternoon! They held it secret until early Sunday morning. You know why? Saturday was the first day of individual ticket sales.

Following the first day that individual single-game tickets went on sale to the general public on Saturday, the Miami Dolphins have sold more than 15,000 individual game tickets for 2004. In addition, the club sold more than 200 season tickets through a Select-A-Seat on Saturday, which was held in conjunction with the on-sale event at Pro Player Stadium.

Games against the Pittsburgh Steelers (September 26), New York Jets (October 3) and New England Patriots (December 20) recently have been announced as sellouts. The only way fans can now secure tickets for any of those three contests is through season tickets. In addition, less than 1,000 tickets now remain for the Dolphins’ home opener against Tennessee on September 12 and the October 24 matchup with the St. Louis Rams. Once those games sell out, tickets for the contests will only be available on a season basis as well.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pres...?contentID=3333

David said:
So the article says that Ricky told Wanny Friday afternoon! They held it secret until early Sunday morning. You know why? Saturday was the first day of individual ticket sales.

Following the first day that individual single-game tickets went on sale to the general public on Saturday, the Miami Dolphins have sold more than 15,000 individual game tickets for 2004. In addition, the club sold more than 200 season tickets through a Select-A-Seat on Saturday, which was held in conjunction with the on-sale event at Pro Player Stadium.

Games against the Pittsburgh Steelers (September 26), New York Jets (October 3) and New England Patriots (December 20) recently have been announced as sellouts. The only way fans can now secure tickets for any of those three contests is through season tickets. In addition, less than 1,000 tickets now remain for the Dolphins’ home opener against Tennessee on September 12 and the October 24 matchup with the St. Louis Rams. Once those games sell out, tickets for the contests will only be available on a season basis as well.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pres...?contentID=3333http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pres...?contentID=3333http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pres...?contentID=3333
NO, I don't buy that.

1) NFL games sell themselves. Those tickets would have sold whether or not Ricky is in a uniform. People root for the team not the player.

2) This is kinda hard news to believe. Even after the phone call the front office probably didn't believe it. Even now some don't believe it. If Ricky changed his mind tomorrow would anyone be shocked?! Of course not!

WTF would you not have bought a ticket if you knew about it? What are you a bandwagon rider? The true fin fans would have still bought them so in no way whats so ever did they screw the FANS they might have screwed people like you but not the FANS of the TEAM not RICKY

It IS still a business. As much as we want loyalty, if the Dolphins don't make any money we aren't going to be any good either. I agree with their decision if thats how it happened. I hate that it is like that but its still a business and the team still has to make its money guys.

I'm not taking this lightly. I still love the team, but this doesn't sit well with me.

He told Wanny he was going to retire on Friday……but that wasn’t the end of it. Wanny had said that he was waiting for a call back from Ricky on Saturday……one which never came. There were still thoughts of trying to talk him out of it, so why would the FO go to the press?????

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
WTF would you not have bought a ticket if you knew about it? What are you a bandwagon rider? The true fin fans would have still bought them so in no way whats so ever did they screw the FANS they might have screwed people like you but not the FANS of the TEAM not RICKY

Absolutely!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom