thing that bothers me about the UM fight | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

thing that bothers me about the UM fight

305TillIDie said:
everyone points the finger at Miami..calling them "thugs" or whatever..Miami saw one of their players slammed to the ground..what are you going to do? not protect your player? thats bs..you have to defend your teammate, not matter what happens..

there is defending your teammate. Then there is swinging helmets, a bench clearing brawl, and stomping your spikes on human flesh trying to do serious harm to another human being!!!

There is a big difference!!!

MikeO said:
because you have 1 baseball incident like that in how many years??

In the NBA you have a player choking a coach, Artest and other Pacers running into the stands beating up fans, you have Rodman kicking a camera guy, you have Antonio Davis running into the stand....the list could go on forever!!!

In college football you have FIU-Miami. Nuff said. Need more proof......VT football!!

And in the NFL look at the off the field problems those guys get in trouble with. Chris Henry. Randy McMichael. Jeese the entire Cincy Bengals. Michael Vick (Ron Mexico)...etc, these guys are "thugs" in their actions!!
that one accident doesnt make that guy a thug?

ive heard everything now.....

305TillIDie said:
that one accident doesnt make that guy a thug?

sure it does!! But the whole sport has 1 incident in like........god knows how many years. So it isn't blown up or made a big deal.

These other sports have them on a weekly/monthly basis now a days

305TillIDie said:
baseball have fights..they are not called thugs but they fight...?

in baseball fights you don't see guys swinging bats at each others heads or stomping on each others arms with their spikes!!!:shakeno:

You also don't see the police coming out on the field to try and break it up.

There is a "fight" then there is "gang warfare". What FIU-Miami did wasn't a simple old school "FIGHT".........it was felony's!!! I mean people trying to do seroius harm to other human beings (on both sides). That goes beyond a "fight"

MikeO said:
in baseball fights you don't see guys swinging bats at each others heads or stomping on each others arms with their spikes!!!:shakeno:

You also don't see the police coming out on the field to try and break it up.

There is a "fight" then there is "gang warfare". What FIU-Miami did wasn't a simple old school "FIGHT".........it was felony's!!! I mean people trying to do seroius harm to other human beings (on both sides). That goes beyond a "fight"
baseball fights, guys are swinging for each other head and tackling everyone and they are NOT called thugs..

period.

305TillIDie said:
baseball fights, guys are swinging for each other head and tackling everyone and they are NOT called thugs..

period.

they aren't swinging HELMETS!! Swing a fist is one thing. Swing a crutch or your helmet is another!! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

They also don't try to stomp each other with the spikes on their shoes!!

MikeO said:
they aren't swinging HELMETS!! Swing a fist is one thing. Swing a crutch or your helmet is another!! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

for 1..1 person swinged a helmet..your story is wrong

yes, hes wrong for doing that

but i dont understand..why call football, basketball players thugs and not baseball players?

that is my whole point...dont give me that "Baseball players arent swinging bats" a fight is a fight..no matter what sport it is...

MikeO said:

I'm pretty sure in some baseball brawls there have been some players to kick and try to stomp on guys when there down.

I know when a pitcher hits a batter, the batter will run out and I have seen where the batter throws his helmet at the pitcher.

I can't remember his name, but one pitcher landed a solid kick to a batter who charged the mound.

icephinfan said:
I'm pretty sure in some baseball brawls there have been some players to kick and try to stomp on guys when there down.

I know when a pitcher hits a batter, the batter will run out and I have seen where the batter throws his helmet at the pitcher.

I can't remember his name, but one pitcher landed a solid kick to a batter who charged the mound.
exactly..that is my whole point..if someone calls a sport thugs..call everyone else thugs...fights happen in sports..no one has to single out a race or a player or sport...

It isnt like all the people in baseball fights were white so they're getting a pass because of race, so what's the point exactly?

didnt juan marichal hit a player in the head with a bat. and lets not forget marty mcsorely hit with his stick to the head of donald brashear. fighting is accepted, its a part of old time hockey. this kind of stuff happens in all sports. hell, cmon we just had haynesworth step on gurode. these guys are hitting each other every play, and they are 18 19 20 year old kids, some of them went to far, but the u is paying for so called reupation, at least in the media

John Biello said:
didnt juan marichal hit a player in the head with a bat. and lets not forget marty mcsorely hit with his stick to the head of donald brashear. fighting is accepted, its a part of old time hockey. this kind of stuff happens in all sports. hell, cmon we just had haynesworth step on gurode. these guys are hitting each other every play, and they are 18 19 20 year old kids, some of them went to far, but the u is paying for so called reupation, at least in the media

And those guys were raked over the coals by the press and the fans and punished pretty severely. They werent given a pass, so what is the argument here?

there is no arguement, why does it have to be an argument its just an observation...

Wow, why can't we just let this subject die................for everyone's sake.

Back
Top Bottom