Things im watching in the senior bowl practices | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Things im watching in the senior bowl practices

after watching today i was most impressed with hill and whitehurst.cutler has a very good arm but his mechanics are screwed up.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
How did Brodie Croyle look today???

he didnt play today.they did north and hes on the south.he will be on tomorow

SMadison29 said:
Mayock is an idiot. He has no draft knowledge. The NFL Network needs to bring in someone more knowledgeable.
I disagree, if you watched him pre-draft last year you would have seen how he was raving about Demarcus Ware. He was talking about him even before the senior bowl when he was a projected late 1st-early 2nd round pick. After the senior bowl he was asked who he thought is a lock to be a future pro bowler and he said Demarcus.....So...Mayock does know what he is talking about. I'm not sure if Demarcus made the pro bowl this year though but you gotta admit that he had a really good rookie season.

LIQUID24 said:
I generally like him, but he's pissing me off today. Jay Cutler has looked awful so far, and on one pass he totally misfired an out route. So what does Mayock say? "I don't care, he showed off his arm!"

He's trying to justify his moronic rankings this year.

I totally agree....Not only did Cutler miss the receiver by yds....but then he missed a easy dump pass...throwing it low. If you can't hit the short easy passes....you aren't going to make it in the NFL....Cause most of the passes a QB will make in a game are short....not long.

Mayock is a putz....how he could say Cutler is the best QB now in the draft...is shocking.

fishypete said:
I totally agree....Not only did Cutler miss the receiver by yds....but then he missed a easy dump pass...throwing it low. If you can't hit the short easy passes....you aren't going to make it in the NFL....Cause most of the passes a QB will make in a game are short....not long.

Mayock is a putz....how he could say Cutler is the best QB now in the draft...is shocking.

Dude two passes do not make an entire practice.

dorsaroll156 said:
finally whitehurst who i think would be a steal and he reminds me of roethlisberger alot.he has size and arm strenght.

I have have seen both of these guys play here in Orlando and Whitehurst looked nothing close to what I saw out of Roethlisberger.

Whitehurst in the Champs Sports bowl looked extremely unimpressive. Very slow reads.

fishypete said:

He's a putz because he disagrees with you? I'm sure he's seen a lot more of the top 3 QB's than you have.

ckparrothead said:
Dude two passes do not make an entire practice.

When you only a few....two matters.....and like I said CK....Missing the long passes is one thing....but a 7 yd out and a short dump pass? Sure glad he has a cannon for an arm. ;)

vinivedivichi said:
He's a putz because he disagrees with you? I'm sure he's seen a lot more of the top 3 QB's than you have.

I don't care how many times he seen them....anyone who says that Cutler is the best QB now in the draft....is F.O.S. and doesn't know what their talking about.
Better than Leinart, now?....better than Young, now? YEA RIGHT.

fishypete said:
I don't care how many times he seen them....anyone who says that Cutler is the best QB now in the draft....is F.O.S. and doesn't know what their talking about.
Better than Leinart, now?....better than Young, now? YEA RIGHT.

OK......

Yet you haven't seen half as much of any of the three and your opinion is more reasonable than his? If YOU knew what you were talking about you would know that all three QB's have flaws. Ranking the three essentially comes down to what you value in a quarterback. I don't see how proclaiming the QB with one of the best arms and good mobility a better quarterback than one with a screwed up motion and another with a suspect arm is so off-base. It may be wrong, but it's definitely not uninformed.

I know one thing I think Cutler playing in this senior bowl is only gonna up his draft position. The guys got a great arm and great feet. I do think he has a little nervous exitement goin on.

Mayock is way too gushy about Cutler. When he starts to down play important things like accuracy, it makes you wonder if Cutler's agent has Mayock on the pay-roll.

Back
Top Bottom