Think a little will you...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think a little will you...?

perezferia

DIEHARD DOLPHIN
Reaction score
Think a little. That's all I'm asking you to do. We own Ricky. He can't play for anyone but us.

Yes he's an a$$hole. Yes, he's a quitter. Yes, he's a pothead and self centered and a coward and has lost his desire to make yards and take on tacklers.

Yes, he's lost 35 pounds of muscle and God knows if he'll even last one pre-season game before he breaks or rips something on his body.

Now, having said all that...

If you look at our current roster of RB's, whom would you choose to school young Ronnie Brown on the nuances of proffesional football? Ronnie Brown has never stayed healthy through a full season even in college.

They hit a LOT harder in the NFL. If you were looking for a backup to Brown that would instill just as much fear into opposing defensive coordinators, would that guy be TRAVIS MINOR? LAMAR GORDON?

Nope. RICKY WILLIAMS.

So, since you're still thinking here, let's say you're new Dolphin's head coach Nick Saban. Hey Nick!

How do you want to address the Ricky situation?

Well, fellas... Let me look at some film and reach out to him a little bit and I'll get back to you in about 45 days.

45 days later... Hey, fellas. Well, I looked at the film and saw a phenomenal athlete that was over-used by an unimaginative coach. With better coaching on the O-line and better scheming period, we can win some games with Ricky as our backup.

I promised ricky no more than 5-8 carries a game as Brown's backup and maybe 3-4 receptions per game. He comes back, makes a little money and does well, maybe the Raiders make his financial difficulties go away by offering him a new contract and trading with us so that he gets what he wants and we get what we want.

Come on back, I WON'T overuse you. I promise. You have my word. That's what I told Ricky.

So Ricky says, Man, I owe 8.6 million and bankruptcy won't save me, not with the new law that's looming. My only option is to work off the debt. I also have the child support to 3 kids from different Mom's to keep up. Hmmmm let me see.. 5-8 carries a game as Brown's backup and maybe 3-4 receptions. Short yardage situations so I'll get to put up TD's so my stats look nice.

RB position is the easiest one to learn so the new offense should be no sweat and they want me to school the rookie on how to wait for a hole and then hit it with power.

Y'know what... I'll do it.

Now Saban says to the Miami fans, we scoured all of free agency and looked at our salary cap situation and decided that we couldn't afford the Edgerrin James and other premium backs out there. We already had a premium back under contract right here in Miami. So I'm pleased to announce the return of Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins and he's primed and ready to help this team in any way he can as either a starter or a key backup.

And Saban would be right in his decision. Yes, Ricky would still be all of the negatives I listed on the top of this posting (personally, I can't stand the guy) but from a business stand point it's just good coaching to bring this guy in and see what he can contribute.

We can't be afraid of what he might do wrong again. We must be hopeful of what he might do right again. Ricky is playing to redeem himself financially. That's strong motivation for any athlete, but especially one as mentally weak as Ricky is. He NEEDS his distractions and obsessions and they don't come cheap.

He'll show up in July and God knows what'll happen next. But right now in late May, Saban has played his hand perfectly.

All I'm asking is before you post, THINK A LITTLE.

GO PHINS!!!

How do we fit Ricky under the cap?

Does anyone have any info on what impact Ricky will have on our limited cap space?

perezferia said:
Think a little. That's all I'm asking you to do. We own Ricky. He can't play for anyone but us.

Yes he's an a$$hole. Yes, he's a quitter. Yes, he's a pothead and self centered and a coward and has lost his desire to make yards and take on tacklers.

Yes, he's lost 35 pounds of muscle and God knows if he'll even last one pre-season game before he breaks or rips something on his body.

If you look at our current roster of RB's, whom would you choose to school young Ronnie Brown on the nuances of proffesional football? Ronnie Brown has never stayed healthy through a full season even in college.

They hit a LOT harder in the NFL. If you were looking for a backup to Brown that would instill just as much fear into opposing defensive coordinators, would that guy be TRAVIS MINOR? LAMAR GORDON?

Nope. RICKY WILLIAMS.

So, since you're still thinking here, let's say you're new Dolphin's head coach Nick Saban. Hey Nick!

Well, fellas... Let me look at some film and reach out to him a little bit and I'll get back to you in about 45 days.

45 days later... Hey, fellas. Well, I looked at the film and saw a phenomenal athlete that was over-used by an unimaginative coach. With better coaching on the O-line and better scheming period, we can win some games with Ricky as our backup.

I promised ricky no more than 5-8 carries a game as Brown's backup and maybe 3-4 receptions per game. He comes back, makes a little money and does well, maybe the Raiders make his financial difficulties go away by offering him a new contract and trading with us so that he gets what he wants and we get what we want.

Come on back, I WON'T overuse you. I promise. You have my word. That's what I told Ricky.

So Ricky says, Man, I owe 8.6 million and bankruptcy won't save me, not with the new law that's looming. My only option is to work off the debt. I also have the child support to 3 kids from different Mom's to keep up. Hmmmm let me see.. 5-8 carries a game as Brown's backup and maybe 3-4 receptions. Short yardage situations so I'll get to put up TD's so my stats look nice.

RB position is the easiest one to learn so the new offense should be no sweat and they want me to school the rookie on how to wait for a hole and then hit it with power.

Now Saban says to the Miami fans, we scoured all of free agency and looked at our salary cap situation and decided that we couldn't afford the Edgerrin James and other premium backs out there. We already had a premium back under contract right here in Miami. So I'm pleased to announce the return of Ricky Williams to the Miami Dolphins and he's primed and ready to help this team in any way he can as either a starter or a key backup.

And Saban would be right in his decision. Yes, Ricky would still be all of the negatives I listed on the top of this posting (personally, I can't stand the guy) but from a business stand point it's just good coaching to bring this guy in and see what he can contribute.

We can't be afraid of what he might do wrong again. We must be hopeful of what he might do right again. Ricky is playing to redeem himself financially. That's strong motivation for any athlete, but especially one as mentally weak as Ricky is. He NEEDS his distractions and obsessions and they don't come cheap.

He'll show up in July and God knows what'll happen next. But right now in late May, Saban has played his hand perfectly.

GO PHINS!!!
I suggest you heed your own advice. Your post is nothing more than an emotional appeal that is devoid of sound judgement. You seem to suggest that Ricky Williams would be a fantastic mentor for Ronnie Brown. Nothing could be further from the truth. First, Williams has never shown leadership ability throughout his career. He was a brilliant runner, but he was notorious for keeping to himself. Second, if I were a part of the Dolphins braintrust, I would do everything possible to keep my young players away from Williams. In fact, I would satrt each rookie camp with a seminar titled "Throwing it all away", which would feature a lengthy discussion on Ricky Williams.
If I were coaching Brown, I would say" Son, the vicissitudes of a rookie in the NFL demand that you keep focussed, work hard, and never lose sight of what you are trying to accomplish. And if that strange guy ever tries to give you advice again, just say: 'Sorry Mr. Williams, I'm not interested in your wacky tobaccy. Yes, it may be fun, but I'm a professional now, and I have certain responsibilities. And sorry Mr. Williams, but I'm not interested in the eightfold path to liberation as practiced in Buddhism. It is fascinating reading, and may tell me something about life outside of football, but I'm a professional now, and I don't have time for mental master*ba*t*ion. I really need to just focus on the playbook. And lastly Mr. Williams, I'm sorry, but I just won't say those negative things about my teammates you are suggesting me to say. I'm a professional now, and I think it is very important to support your teammates all the time.

But phinsfonrever you are not coaching Brown, Saban is and he wants Ricky BACK!!! Too bad for you.

Hey Perez......................Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You talk too much

perezferia said:

Nope. RICKY WILLIAMS.

GO PHINS!!!

:blah: :boring:

perezferia said:

perezferia said:

Sometimes I wish people would take their own advice. Yeah, he [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL]had a couple nagging injuries during his time at Auburn, but nothing serious. Name me one player who's played football and never had 1 type of injury.[/font]

I don't have a problem with RW coming back. However, Brown is my starter. I'd bring RW in on short yardage and at the end of games when we are leading. Then I'd just use him to run between the tackles and pound the line of scrimmage. In short, I'd only let him do the dirty work.

Of course if you do that, he'll probably quit again. Because he wants to preserve his body.

jlfin said:
I don't have a problem with RW coming back. However, Brown is my starter. I'd bring RW in on short yardage and at the end of games when we are leading. Then I'd just use him to run between the tackles and pound the line of scrimmage. In short, I'd only let him do the dirty work.

Of course if you do that, he'll probably quit again. Because he wants to preserve his body.

Good to see a fellow Orlando Phin Fan. I am in College Park!!!

Back
Top Bottom