Think we coulda got a first outta the Giants for JT? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Think we coulda got a first outta the Giants for JT?

Spray Mucus

Ray Lucas' mom didn't take vitamins
Reaction score
Just for ****s and giggles, do you think if we woulda held on a little longer we coulda got a 1st round pick outta the Giants for Jason Taylor now that Osi went down and Strahan remaining retired?

i think they pulled the trigger at the right time. hopefully the skins will tank and we'll end up with a high second rounder next year and a high sixth the following year. look at the scare they had with JT. imagine waiting for a better offer and either none comes or JT gets hurt? no thank you.

Probably not.

If I had to guess, we'd probably would've ended up with their #2 pick, but maybe a slightly higher additional pick (like a 4th or 5th).

But, I'm happy with the #2 and #6 (2010) we got from Washington.
It was done BEFORE training camp, so we avoided all the drama that could've played out. Plus, we had ALL of training camp to get our guys prepared to play without JT, rather than trying to pull it off now.

I honestly think we got the best possible deal you could hope for. Before the Redskins offer, I believe the best offer we had received was a 4th round pick. The fact that we got a 2nd round pick(2009) and a 6th round pick(2010) was amazing. I don't think the Giants would have offered that package for Jason Taylor.

We may have been able to get a 2nd round pick out of the Giants, but I would rather have the Skins 2nd round pick.

Honestly I do not think so. We could have gotten Jeremy Shockey out of them but not a 1st rounder. They see too much Tiki Barber in Jason to give a 1st.

Probably not.

If I had to guess, we'd probably would've ended up with their #2 pick, but maybe a slightly higher additional pick (like a 4th or 5th).

But, I'm happy with the #2 and #6 (2010) we got from Washington.
It was done BEFORE training camp, so we avoided all the drama that could've played out. Plus, we had ALL of training camp to get our guys prepared to play without JT, rather than trying to pull it off now.

I agree. We may have been able to get a higher additional pick, but I doubt the Giants would have given a first. It would have been nice to have a bidding war between the two. Being in the same division, I'm sure neither would want to face him twice a year.

Of course, the Redskins would have had somebody else in place by now so who knows.

I don't think there is any way the Giants would have offered us a 1st for JT.....if JT was 25 years old maybe, but you can't give away picks for guys that only have a couple years left.

i dont think they would have gotten nething higher then what they got from skins im happy with that trade 2nd and 6th rounder for a guy that will prly be playing 2 more years

Back
Top Bottom