thinking game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

thinking game

Ilovemyfins4eva

Active Roster
Reaction score
hey fin fans, i have a little down time now, and i dont know how successfull this thread will be, but i figured since all the talk has been lately the same repeated stuff such as, bench henne, fire sparano, etc over and over again, i figured might as well try something new.

i was thinking about how are playcalling has been so predictable lately, its like you know exactly what is going to happen before the play even transpires and you can bet your whole life savings on it, knowing you are going to be right.

that being said, can you guys think about some of the more memorable big plays that have happened against us in recent memory that you were sitting infront of your tv, at the game, a bar, wherever u were then, and you and other dolphin fans were going insane, knowing that the team isnt set up right for the play that is about to transpire, yet what you thought was going to happen, ends up happening and kills us.

since im young and dont have as many big memories as some of the people on here, the one that comes to mind the most to me most recently was the 2008 texans game when matt schaub ran a qb draw up the middle for a td to beat us on 4th and goal. myself, as im sure many fin fans worldwide watching, were all screaming at the tv, watch the middle of the field, know one is there, hes going to run it up the middle, it was so predictable, yet we did nothing about it before the play, and sure enough that is exactly what happened.

sorry if this seems like a dumb thread, im just trying to start maybe a new discussion and see if fin fans can recall anything like this, due to the many extremely predictable play calls we have made over the past few years, and also to get off topic about the same repeated stuff about henne overrated, bench henne, henne this, henne that, etc.:thanks:

i was thinking about how are playcalling has been so predictable lately, its like you know exactly what is going to happen before the play even transpires and you can bet your whole life savings on it, knowing you are going to be right.

Its a decent theory. What gets me is Miami had a few things going against NE; the short passes to Bess, Ricky running the ball away from Wilfork, & passes in the middle of the field to Fasano. Yet, Henning moves away from these and goes to what isn't working i.e. trying to get Henne & Marshall in a rythym.

Maybe, its just me but Henne appeared to be going thru his progressions okay until it was deemed time to get Marshall in the act.
You don't need to be a defensive guru like Belichick to figure out that is thing #1 you want to shut down. Further, you knew Bill B was not going to get gashed by the 'cat again or ever.

Sparano & Henning have not descended to Dave W's level of predictability. I pray they don't get as vanilla as Wanny yet it wouldn't surprise me if they did. They don't need to sell their soul to imitate the 99 Rams but a little versatility like Dallas w/ Garret as OC wouldn't be too bad.

Back
Top Bottom