This could be our o-line for the next 8 years.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This could be our o-line for the next 8 years....

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Smith,James,Seth,Carey,Pape..this is a young, big, strong stating 5. :)

back ups...Yates,St.Claire,Whitley,Jerman
practice Squad this year...Hadnot

This could become the best o-line we've had since the early 80's when we had Newman,Stevenson and Kuechenburg....at last we have some real talent on the o-line.

Ozzy rules!!

Pape? I think not.

And i think Carey will play RT and not gaurd. he will beat out whoever competes with him for RT and the loser will move to gaurd but it wont be Carey.

The line will prolly be:SMITH,JAMES,MCKINNEY,ST.CLAIR,CAREY

THEN WHEN MCINTOSH IS BACK FROM HIS INJURY,ITLL PROLLY BE:
SMITH,JAMES,MCKINNEY,CAREY AND MCINTOSH

AND I THINK THATS AS SOLID AS OUR LINE CAN GET SO I MEAN ITS GOOD

Danny said:
Smith,James,Seth,Carey,Pape..this is a young, big, strong stating 5. :)

back ups...Yates,St.Claire,Whitley,Jerman
practice Squad this year...Hadnot

This could become the best o-line we've had since the early 80's when we had Newman,Stevenson and Kuechenburg....at last we have some real talent on the o-line.

Ozzy rules!!

You know you've got sunshine coming out of your butt when you're predicting the Pro-Bowl in April for a kid drafted in the 7th round :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not sure i agree with them moving a rookie around if hes playing solidly at the rt posiition.

Maybe Smith, James, McKinney, Pape, Carey; but I don't think we'll see Pape starting as a rookie; that's A LOT of inexperience on that line. From the Center position to the right tackle you'd have a total of 2 pro starts going into opening day. St. Clair will have to be in there somewhere, at RG probably. I thought they said Carey was to be RT.

stan marino said:
I'm not sure i agree with them moving a rookie around if hes playing solidly at the rt posiition.

Expect changes along the O-line all season. You've got 5 guys who have never started together on the line...6 if you count MCIntosh coming in mid-season. It's going to take a TON of talent and adjustments to overcome that lack of team experience. What's even worse is that the most experienced guy on that line is only a stopgap player. It's a safe bet to say that we have easily the least experienced O-line in the NFL, and also the one with the least playing time together. Guarranteed, there will be ugly mistakes this season.

more like this

LT = Wade Smith
LG = Jeno James
C = Mckinney
RG = Whitney/Jerman/St. Clair
RT = Carey

The wildcard in the mix is McIntosh and whether the dolphins keep him. Then perhaps either Carey or Mcintosh go to guard.

More interesting would be what the line up would be should Wade Smith go down for a game or two. Would it be Carey? Who has proven he can play 4 of the OL positions (excluding center).

All i kno is, im a big michigan fan and i got to see tony pape play alot this year and he was very good. they ran perry alot behind pape and obviously it worked because perry had a great year, i think pape can really bring alot to this starting line.

Mr Fan said:
LT = Wade Smith
LG = Jeno James
C = Mckinney
RG = Whitney/Jerman/St. Clair
RT = Carey

that sounds about right all things considered. i agree that starting pape is getting a little ahead of ourselves right now. drafting carey was a great 1st round move but i still think that if we have to name a weak point on our team, o-line is still that point.

i do feel we are unproven with some of the young o-line guys. However, depth is not a problem there now, and the best 5 will start. I am glad we have some good young guys to groom and or start.Dolfanreal69

Wise says going into camp considering injuries the starters are, smith, james, mckinney, jerman, carey

Ok, I guess everyone here has written Pape off cos we got him in round 7. I for one think that this kid will be a very good player for us. Anyway, I never said he'd start this year on opening day. I said that could be the line for the next 8 years, not necesarly starting this opening day but I think our best 5 in the long run will be Smith,James,Seth,carey and Pape. Maybe Pape will play RG and Carey RT but at some point I see those 5 guys starting together.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom