This decade(very good read) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This decade(very good read)

miami23

Rookie
Reaction score
i just want to give my opinion and thought on the decade that is about to end. I see a lot of list and people counting down best of the decade, so i figured i would do one for the Dolphins.

5 worst games of the decade.

5. January 6th 2001 @ raiders-Miami 0-raiders 27. a week after beating the colts in OT in the wild card game things were looking good. i do rember in this game that we were driving to start the game then Fiedler threw a pick 6 to tory james.

4. October 23rd 2000 Miami 37- Jets 40. yes the monday night miracle, great name cause it really was a miracle that the jets beat us that night. i rember Jt saying there not coming back on us. this game left every dolhpin fan felling depressed the next day.

3. September 7th 2003 miami 20-Houston 21- the season opener for a light superbowl team what the 2nd year franchise in our building and coming back to kick a game winning FG. i was at a loss for words after this game.

2. the whole 2007 season- i know its cheating a little bit, but i felt like i had to include the 07 season and couldnt think of what game was worse then the other. i think after every loss every fin fan questiond the fact that we might go 0-16.

1. december 29th 2002 Miami 24-pats 27- i could go on for days about this game. where to start the pass interfence on jamar flecther or blowing a 11 point lead in the final 5 min of the game. this day we could have moved up to the 2 seed if everything broke right and we were serious players this year no doubt.

5 best games.

5. September 22 2002 jets 3- miami 30- i know it was only week 3 but this was rickys coming out party and it ended the 8 game losing streak vs the jets in a big way.

4. september 23 2001- Raiders 15- Miami 18- the backdrop for this game was right after 9/11 a back and fourth game that on the last drive we made 2 fourth downs and ofcouse fiedlers run to the endzone.

3. december 20 2000- Colts 17- Miami 23- our last playoff win. after being down 14-0 things werent looking so good but a furious comeback along with a missed kick by vanderjack led to lamrt smiths 26 yrd run for the win was awesome.

2. september 21 2008 pats 13-Miami 38- birth of the wildcat, after loseing 21 out of our last 22, it was safe to say that no one expected a win here but what we got was a re-birth of a franchise.

1. december 28 2008 jets 17- Miami 24- what a way to capoff a magical year to go in to that stadium with that qb and to take the east after being 15 games out the previous year. i still get the chills when i think about it.

5 worst players of the decade

5. ray lucas
4. john beck
3.cameron worrelle
2. derek hagon
1. every coach besides TS

5 best players of the decade

5. pat surtain
4. sam madison
3. ricky williams(yes he missed time)
2.Jt
1. zach thomas

in conclusion this decade was very tough on us fans, we saw the worst of times and saw some very good times. if you can make it thought the last 10 seasons the next few will fell great, we have to keep supporting the team and things will look up...thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom