This Dolphins tight end might earn another shot with the team in 2018 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Dolphins tight end might earn another shot with the team in 2018

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
A month ago, if you had to guess whether Julius Thomas had a future with the Miami Dolphins beyond this season, the answer would have been quick in coming.

Not likely.

chance with the Dolphins in 2018.

No, Thomas being on the team in 2018 at his scheduled salary cap cost of $6.6 million still seems unlikely — particularly when cutting him would remove every single penny off the Dolphins’ books.

But suddenly the Thomas conversation includes nuance it didn’t before. It’s no longer as simple as he isn’t going to be back. Now it’s about his return possibly making sense if he takes a pay cut. Or maybe he comes back if the Dolphins can’t find other players in free agency or the draft.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article187982759.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the guy we just picked up from Denver, A.J. Derby? I don't know much about him and he has been inactive since we got him, but could he have a future here. Anyone know much about the guy? I just don't have the confidence in Thomas. He's old and slow.

So they're going to make he Bushrod mistake again? I just can't believe Gase would be that dense. Thomas looks like he's running in sand. Everyone has to see that.

Thomas will be cut.

Dangers of these empty wins is the FO keeping bums around for next year because of one or 2 decent games.

Agreed. Thomas no longer looks the part. I was immediately shocked at how his body and level of coordination have changed since his heyday with the Broncos.

If our aspirations aren't higher than that I question everything

He stinks, but the problem is there aren't a lot of options this off-season unless you want to get into the Jimmy Graham market.

Draft picks!! We need more draft picks!! Mark Andrews and Dallas Goedert are going to be the next Jason Witten and Tony Gonzalez. Dolphins need to sacrifice whatever necessary and get them both. It would change the future of the Dolphins for the next ten years. Together they could become the greatest TE tandem in the history of the NFL.

Goedert is for real...

Another player with zero upside. He has gotten slower.. hint in 2018 he will be even slower - in other words- not better.
Bushrod- older not better
Pouncey...same

Back
Top Bottom