This draft would thrill me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This draft would thrill me

South Florida said:
1 - Marcus McNeill - Ronnie is used to him, he's 6'7 330, didn't allow a sack in college
2 - Brodie Croyle - cannon
3 - Marcus Maxey - Tall, fast and showed a lot of talent in his only year as a starter
4 - Marcus Vick - I think its worth it.
7 - Devin Hester - Worth it as well
7 - Jeremy Bloom - Could look up to wes welker
7 - Rashaad Butler or Leon Williams - I'm a homer

Horrible draft. Why both Croyle and Vick? Why both Hester and Bloom?

Pointless.

SpeedRush99 said:
Not very realistic. Croyle will never drop that far.

Ok well take out Croyle and put in Cedric Griffin

weisdolphins said:
Ok well take out Croyle and put in Cedric Griffin

Then we'd be taking 2 DBs in a row.

Rather move Croyle up to the 2nd rounder and sub in Jason Allen as the 3rd rounder.

I like most of it, but Miami really needs secondary help and this draft doesn't address that.

WelcomeBack said:
I would be happy with this draft:

Rnd 1: Manny Lawson, DE/OLB, N.C. State
Rnd 2: Jason Allen, S, Tennessee
Rnd 3: Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green
Rnd 4: Darrell Hunter, CB, Miami (Oh.)
Rnd 7: Jovon Bouknight, WR, Wyoming
Rnd 7: Domata Peko, DT, Michigan St.
Rnd 7: Albert Toeaina, OT, Tennessee

I like that draft better, except for no real offensive line help. I really would love to see Miami get both Lawson and Jacobs, though.

weisdolphins said:
This would thrill me for the first three rounds.

1.Manny Lawson
2.Darnell Bing
3.Brodie Croyle

but check this one out
http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/GJH_Mock.cfm

I just check out that site. Not bad. According to your link; I might go this way:

1. Jimmy Williams - Secondary was our achilles heel last year. Even though we have Will Poole and Shirdonya Mitchell coming back from injury to join Travis Daniels in the secondary; it would be hard to pass up on en elite cover corner; especially after the departure of Sam Madison.

2. Darnell Bing/Daniel Bullocks/Andrew Whitworth - Adding Darnell Bing/Daniel Bullocks back there with Yeremiah Bell will be a good tandem. I'm starting to lean towards Bullocks, becasue of his 4.4 speed. If we sign Lance Shulters back; then this position will not need to be addressed this high, therefore; I would draft Whitworth.

3. Omar Jacobs/Brodie Croyle - whichever one falls to us here. Both have questions, so I'll leave the decision up to the braintrust.

1. Antonio Cromartie CB/S As of today we need DB's and you will not find one as big fast and fluid as this guy

2. Jonathon Scott OT We still need OL

3. Omar Jacobs QB This is just a gut feeling of who we end up with big arm good accuracy strange release the good thing about the release is it is a high release instead of side arm like Vince young
4. Devin Hester WR/KR SPEED

7 Most 7th rounders are fillers and usually don't make the team maybe 1 of 3 will this year but if the cap isn't fixed maybe 2 of 3

I don't see Jacobs lasting to the 3rd. He really helped himself at the combine. He's definitely above Whitehurst now. Mid -late 2nd rounder IMO.

SpeedRush99 said:
I don't see Jacobs lasting to the 3rd. He really helped himself at the combine. He's definitely above Whitehurst now. Mid -late 2nd rounder IMO.

I can't believe how much talent is in the second round of this draft.

Skeet84 said:
I can't believe how much talent is in the second round of this draft.

Alot of past injury talent...Alot of the guys in the 2nd have some old injuries to have concerns about....I am not saying we dont take a guy like Johnathin Joeseph or some 1 but alot have been injuried...Also a select few.

Joseph SC
Allen TN
Cromartie(probably 1st but very risky there)FSU
Hill CL

thats a few off the top.

I do agree there is talent but alot with a variety of issues INJ,EXP and off field problems.

musphinzfan said:
Alot of past injury talent...Alot of the guys in the 2nd have some old injuries to have concerns about....I am not saying we dont take a guy like Johnathin Joeseph or some 1 but alot have been injuried...Also a select few.

Joseph SC
Allen TN
Cromartie(probably 1st but very risky there)FSU
Hill CL

thats a few off the top.

I do agree there is talent but alot with a variety of issues INJ,EXP and off field problems.

Joseph and Hill have past injuries?

BTW, very likely that Hill goes in the 1st.

SpeedRush99 said:
Joseph and Hill have past injuries?

BTW, very likely that Hill goes in the 1st.

Yeah I also did not know that they had past injuries either.

Back
Top Bottom