This forum vs Phins main forum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This forum vs Phins main forum

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
I must say that this forum has been much more enjoyable than the main forum since the damn season ended, except for maybe the week of the draft.

The other board is saturated with crap. I can barely read the thing anymore, you have to filter through countless threads that are pointless and meaningless and repetitive.

I find it amusing that I now come to this forum first, which is sad for a Phins site that is so well respected. At least in here you don't have to put up with (as much) crap. :)

To those of you that post here, I salute you.

(please, let us all try to make the main forum readable again, I really can't stand not wanting to access one of my favorite sites of all time.)

The main forum needs a lot of reworking, maybe a two tiered board would work. I have seen it done on other sites. Or maybe I am just grumpy, but that is the way I see it.

I agree with you 100% about coming here more than the main board, but that's because I love basketball just as much as I love football..and the same goes for the Heat & Fins.

Now that a few people have jumped on the Heat bandwagon, it's actually okay to talk about them here and get responses(last offseason it was just me, TT, Muck, and a few others).

The main board has gotten a bit boring, but that's probably because it's July. I go there mainly for news, rather than threads asking for opinions(other than the WR thread ;) ).

I agree. The main forum has gotten a bit messed up. There are a lot of posts which say the same thing over and over. And some are just bashfest posts. I still view it, but not as often as I use to. This is the forum I view the most (probably then The Gaming Forum & The Lounge and then the Main Forum). It is great to talk Soccer, Baseball, and even Basketball on this board. Keep it going guys! :up:

I agree. The main boards have gotten boring. It's the dog days of football season until training camp starts up. I'll be coming over to this side more often for some knowledge. I'm an amateur when it comes to my knowledge of basketball. :)

It's the dead of offseason. Most of the beat writers are on vacation. Nothing is happening. And there's not much to talk about. To expect loads of interesting and original threads at this point in time is just unrealistic.

Also, a two-tiered forum would not work on a board of this size. Especially when we've set up the way we have. You're talking about A LOT of administrative work, as well as alienating thousands of other posters for the sake of a select few. That doesn't promote activity. And it sure doesn't promote unity.

That said, we already have an exclusive area accessible only to a select few. They're "paying customers" so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom