This Guy Is arrogant. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This Guy Is arrogant.

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7285958

But he said he lacks nothing Manning and Rivers possess -- he dismisses talk the Manning family lineage gives Eli an edge -- and is eager to show it. Even if he must wait a little longer to play than Manning does with the Giants or Rivers does with the Chargers.

Roethlisberger didn't criticize Rivers or Manning, but said, "I think I bring a little more athleticism than both of them, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

"Everyone seems to think they have better systems, better teams they played on in college, were born into a football family," said Roethlisberger, who played at Miami of Ohio. "Once I get the field, my will to win is much greater than both of them."

Looks like another Ryan Leaf just like some guys here said about Losman for saying the same thing.

Ryan Leaf was a cry baby and a punk. Roethlisberger is just confident in his ability, and he should be. Do you expect him to come out and say,"Yeah, they're better than me, I admit, that's why they were drafted higher." ?

Just saying that some posters here were calling Losman the next Leaf fir saying the same things in a nutshell.

Nah, not a Ryan Leaf. At least give him a chance to show his wares on the field. All this talk is worthless anyway. It's what you do on the field that matters. We shall see what happens.

Personally I think Eli Manning is going to have a hard time in NYC. You do one thing wrong there and you are branded for life. You have to have very thick skin to survive up there. We shall see.

I personally didn't get the whole "We won't play for the Chargers" thing.

I could understand if it were say Arizona, but at least the Chargers have been the Super Bowl in the past and they have had success in the past.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play for Cleveland, Detroit or Arizona, but San Diego????

I don't get it.

There's a difference. Roethlisberger was on the NFL Network and was shown to be a humble, good person. Nothing Roethlisberger said was disrespecting the other QB's ability, just stating that he feels he is as good as the other QB prospects.

JP Losman on the other hand referred to the other QB's as girls. His teammates had admitted to JP being "****y" and what is ****y?? ****y is being OVERLY confident. In other words arrogant. Go ahead and watch the Senior Bowl. JP tried taking over the show while Rivers had it by the neck by playing football. JP tried to overdue himself and fumbled the ball in one occasion. JP is very immature and any teammate that likes his "****y" attitude is immature as well.

Every time someone is arrogant, they turn it around to say they are just confident, but that is usually never the case when someone is said to be arrogant as JP Losman has been said to be. That tag is on him for a reason. You can make all the excuses for Losman being "confident not arrogant" or make reasons why Losman is confident because of the team he is on. The fact of the matter is that Losman is not mentally ready for the NFL right now like Roethlisberger or Rivers or Manning is.

Losman is the type of QB that will succeed after many many seasons of humbling experiences. Even if he sits on the bench, he will not be effective until going on the field and straightening his mind set that will plague him early in his career.

In My Opinion.

Justasportsfan said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7285958Looks like another Ryan Leaf just like some guys here said about Losman for saying the same thing.

Everything in your link that has Roethlisberger sounding "arrogant" are words being ut in his mouth by the writer.

Of all the quotes by Roethlisberger, none show him as arrogant or overly confident.

"Eli's been getting a lot of hype leading up to this, but I said coming in it all boils down to this: it's just football," Roethlisberger said. "That's what I've been wanting to do for a long time, just get on the field and start playing."

This shows Roethlisbergers maturity. "It's just football". He's not curing aids or fighting the war on terrorism or fedding the hungry. He is level headed and is a grounded person not full of sh*t like some rookies are.

"I think I bring a little more athleticism than both of them, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Again, shows more maturity. "We'll have to wait and see". Knows he has alot to prove. He starts the quote with an opinion hence the words "I think". Not stating anything as fact.

"Everyone seems to think they have better systems, better teams they played on in college, were born into a football family," said Roethlisberger, who played at Miami of Ohio. "Once I get the field, my will to win is much greater than both of them."

This quote, he says he has a big heart for the GAME. Not degrating any of the other QB's in the draft. Just stating what level of passion he brings to the game.

I'm willing to do whatever the team asks of me, whether that's play right away or sit," he said. "I want to talk to Tommy and Charlie a little bit about what's going on. Whatever they're willing to help me with, I'm going to take it all in."

Again shows maturity. He knows his role on the team. Is a team player.

Justasportsfan, Where do you come up with this "Roethlisberger is arrogant" b*llish*t?? You say you have a link as an example. Yet I have broken down all of his quotes and not one of his quotes have shown one ounce of arrogance.

Try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the last QB the Bills had that was considered ****y and arrogant is now in the Hall of Fame.

Another ****y and arrogant QB is headed there, Brett Favre

Wasnt your boy Marino also considered ****y and arrogant??

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm....... :eek:

To try to make Losman look "confident not arrogant" by twisting the words of Ben Roethlisberger was a desperate attempt. The ounces of arrogance that showed in that article were put in Ben's mouth by the writer. Nothing that was quoted helped the case Justa tried to prove.

This thread was set up for mockery. No sense whatsoever.

You are a spiteful little man "Justa"... I know it hurt not to get the QB you wanted, especially since Donahoe loves to screw Cowbert over every chance he gets but this is just petty. Your team reached for a second tier QB, not only did they reach -- they gave up the farm to do so. Losman is physically gifted but lacking in terms of all the mental aspects you want a QB to have. The best thing he has going for him right now is that Wyche is working with him and he hopefully has a year to get up to speed to the NFL game and Mularkey's bag of tricks. (enjoy the triple reverse HB pack to Drew Bledsoe on 3rd and 1.) The comparisons to Favre that the Buffalo media have been sending out to everyone is down right laughable. The best comparison in my eyes (and much to the chagrin of Bills fans) is Kordell Stewart.

Last edited by a moderator:
SpitOnSurtain80 said:
Well the last QB the Bills had that was considered ****y and arrogant is now in the Hall of Fame.

Another ****y and arrogant QB is headed there, Brett Favre

Wasnt your boy Marino also considered ****y and arrogant??

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm....... :eek:

hate to break it to you, but brett favre is neither ****y or arrogant. he just goes out and gets the job done

Back
Top Bottom