This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is a fantastic read for the Grier bashers

I can pick out great moves by Grier and head scratchers… but team results are what they are. Grier is the longest serving GM without a playoff win on his resume. Hopefully, we’ll break the playoff win drought to validate Grier’s work.
I hope so. But I do question whether the roster is built for cold weather success.

When speed is somewhat neutralized in bad weather can Miami be successful?

Then again, this team could be dangerous with home field advantage.

Ross is the problem then Grier. If anybody has an issue with my opinion then please subscribe to 'minimal playoff appearances in NFL last few decades under their watch.Com '

isn’t there only one team in the league with a longer playoff win drought than us?

I don’t even get why anyone has to combat my opinion - it’s not even edgy… I’m just saying he’s not worth defending so vehemently like we see on this forum.

There are 0 teams with a longer playoff win drought than us.

That said, this team is absolutely stacked with talent, and they are exciting as hell. I wouldn’t trade this moment in dolphin fandom to be a fan of too many other teams.

Reality is that by every reasonable measure Grier has been well above average as a GM since given full control in 2019. The "yeah but" crowd who unreasonably thinks that playoff wins are solely on the GM are the only ones who think Grier has been average or less.

For some reason there is always a sub-section of football fans who will pick one person, usually the Owner, GM, the HC or the QB and blame that one person for not winning SBs, playoffs or the W/L record.
He’s fine, he doesn’t need vehemently defending for though. An “above average GM” with no major success getting threads every day… it’s tired.

That said, this team is absolutely stacked with talent, and they are exciting as hell. I wouldn’t trade this moment in dolphin fandom to be a fan of too many other teams.
i dont disagree with any of that. I am so stoked on the team.

It changes nothing about what I said. Grier hasn’t done anything for me to fanboy over like some of these threads we get every.single.week.

Last edited:
I hope so. But I do question whether the roster is built for cold weather success.

When speed is somewhat neutralized in bad weather can Miami be successful?

Then again, this team could be dangerous with home field advantage.

We could be dangerous with home field advantage. However, I feel our home field is less advantage than it is for cold weather teams. It is somewhat akin to Bill Parcells complaining about the nice weather in Southern California prior to Super Bowl 21 (John Madden discussed this in his All-Madden book).

Almost every NFL team can execute their game plan to some degree in warm weather. Miami in December has an average temp in the mid 70's. While playing at home is always some advantage, it doesn't benefit us nearly as much as cold weather teams. On the flip side, having home field is a much nicer option than going into cold/wet/snowy locations during the playoffs.

I’m not a Grier fan. I just thought a clean sweep of the FO would have been good to do some time ago. However, we have had a winning record 4 years in a row:

2021: 10-6 missed playoffs which was rare w 10 wins
2022: 9-8 missed plauoffs
2023: 9-8 made playoffs, lost WC
2024: 11-6 made playoffs, lost WC, decimated by injuries

Objectively speaking, we’ve had a good roster for a while now. As I look at this, what’s more interesting is that Flores record was basically the same as McD’s but we feel like a much better team. 🤔

Is that article a joke? A troll?

Eich is a B-? Bruh...

Overall draft grade of A+ when you drafted Eich, and traded UP to get a TE that busted out?

Garbage.
Drafting 3 consecutive pro bowl caliber players and a 3 year starting linemen in the same draft is an A++. Basically no Gm does that ever

Feels like Mike McDaniel saved Chris Grier's Miami career.

They both deserve credit for the last two years.

If McDaniel doesn't rebuild Tua, it was over for Chris...

I can pick out great moves by Grier and head scratchers… but team results are what they are. Grier is the longest serving GM without a playoff win on his resume. Hopefully, we’ll break the playoff win drought to validate Grier’s work.
Exactly, since hes been in charge, the Fins are slightly above .500. Thus, mediocre grade. He's run of the mill.

isn’t there only one team in the league with a longer playoff win drought than us?

I don’t even get why anyone has to combat my opinion - it’s not even edgy
… I’m just saying he’s not worth defending so vehemently like we see on this forum.
1) I am allergic to "moving the goal posts". - LOL
2) I am allergic to hyperbole. - LOL

The point is "You can live in the past or live in the moment."
Write it down! - LOL

Only one of those options has a future.
So it is said, so it shall be written. - LOL

Grier reminds me of the old Florida Panthers GM Dale Tallon. He was good enough to get the Panthers out of the cellar, but not good enough to make the team a perennial playoff powerhouse. That was current GM Bill Zito who did that. Grier needs to go as he's worn out his welcome here. A new GM is needed to get the team just from making the playoffs to actually WINNING in the playoffs.

Is that article a joke? A troll?

Eich is a B-? Bruh...

Overall draft grade of A+ when you drafted Eich, and traded UP to get a TE that busted out?

Garbage.
They got waddle, Phillips, and holland. Eichenberg has developed and if he improves this year, then that grade will be at least a b- for him as well. It was a very good draft by all accounts. 3 star players and a versatile backup who still has a chance to develop even further. As well as some other pieces that were used in other trades to bring us good players.

Grier has drafted and traded for many players and the pieces are in place and now it's up to the coaches to do their job.
If we weren't decimated by injuries last season we would have had a chance to get to the Superbowl.
The talent is there.
Now McDaniel learn to win in cold away tough games.
Tua will be great this season.
Top 3 Q.B

Back
Top Bottom