This is bigger than Griese vs Fiedler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is bigger than Griese vs Fiedler

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Its time for all of us fans to take a collective sigh and realize the truth. We just are not a good football team. So many people are pointing fingers at the QB position or the line or the coaching. But if you are the least objective you realize we just are not good.

There is plenty of blame. The QB mistakes both Jay and Brian, the worst O Line in the league, no pressure on the QB, terrible coverage and tackling in the secondary, WR droping passes and tipping them into INTs, terrible coaching and game planning, and so it goes.

There are so many positions we use to count on that we can't any longer. Sam Madison, Tim Ruddy Tim Bowens, Larry Chester, McKnight, Brock Marion, Junior Seau, Sammy Knight are all old players. They are slow and are getting beat. The new players on the O Line are terrible. Dixon is done. Where do you stop?

It seems that the opponent has had our game plan each week. The defense know where our offense is going before they do. We are just a bad football team.

This season will end worst than last. There will be a coaching change, and many of these high priced under performing players will go. This group of players has run their course and they just were not good enough. Time to scrap them and rebuild.

Accept it now and ease your pain later.

I think the re-build is a bit different then that. It will be more at players that have caused problems the last few years, have not been solutions, and offcourse Wanny. It's not really a cap purge mainly because we are onl something like 17m over and that is a faulty number when considering how easily we can get rid of it with our two QBs being cut.

Sorry to say I have to agree, L

ike I have said before they still have a shot at the playoffs, the rest of the league besides Tenn and KC don't seem to want it any more then the Fins, can they get on a roll and win? Sure anything can happen but for anyone to sit back and state that this team is good enough to win it the way they are playing right now is crazy.

I think having read that I am now more depressed. But, thats just not the type of fan I am. Im the ignoratly optimistic. You see.... to me.... the Dolphins are Super Bowl bound..... again.... ignoratly optimitic.
:billfan:

I think its obvious that teams know they can stack 8 in the box to stop Ricky and then pressure the QB in passing downs. We have no answer for that. Neither Fiedler or Griese is good enough to solve this. Our OLine is truly the worst in the league.

I think back now to the draft when we could have picked up a young QB, a young lineman, or a young WR and we didn't do it. What a frickin waste. And then we go out and grab a couple of old defenders in Seau and Knight. What should we expect? We are slow and old. and lack talent at every skill posiktion except RB. I am now believeing that Chambers and McMichale or good, but second tier good.

The only thing to feel good about is that we will get ahigh draft pick finally.

Originally posted by spazzolian
I think having read that I am now more depressed. But, thats just not the type of fan I am. Im the ignoratly optimistic. You see.... to me.... the Dolphins are Super Bowl bound..... again.... ignoratly optimitic.
:billfan:

Keep the faith Spazz!

Why was Tenn able to harrass us and Taylor and Ogun not able to do anyting to McNair. Wade smith is a problem that has to be solved and someone needs to light a fire under our defenses ***. Fire the OL coach or something because our blocking schemes suck.

Originally posted by Sherif
Why was Tenn able to harrass us and Taylor and Ogun not able to do anyting to McNair. Wade smith is a problem that has to be solved and someone needs to light a fire under our defenses ***. Fire the OL coach or something because our blocking schemes suck.
bates is the problem with the defense. you could see it in their faces against the pats last year. they just don't believe in him!;)

Hey just a stupid suggestion, I know someone will quote me. Gregg Williams will probably be available next year.

This year will have to survive with DW, so we don't have to like it but it's just the fact!

I am still keeping the "Faith."

GOOO FIIINNZ

:drinkers: :nono: :lastyr: :jk:

Bates' 7 DB's 5 DB's whatever all he did was experiment all game. No wonder our D didn't play well. They cant study the whole season playbook plays we don't ever call. Thus you get a wide open receiver. Bates just play tight press coverage and quit trying to pretend you can coach. There should be 3 defensive schemes. Tight Press coverage, Blitz, and Fake Blitz. Eff the Zone BS.

Yeah I said the exact same thing today...my friends a Colts fan, and they lost to the jags today so we were both pissed. But the phins are finished for the season. Already...seems kinda fast doesnt it? Now we have to wait another YEAR before we can watch our team play some football and actually have hope...until then I guess it will be sorta entertaining to watch our entire team change before our eyes. New coaching, OLine, WR's.....HOW can we address ALL of this???? We have too much **** to take care of because DAVE did a horrible job in the draft. We have to take care of the things he should have taken care of before, PLUS the new things!!! Atleast WR was always an issue. I wonder if we will even have it together enough to make it far next year?? Will our offense be good enough?? Will our O-Line know how to BLOCK?? Will our QB keep the ball is his damn hands??? It is clear that our offense is whats losing us these games...We may have still lost this game to the Titans with a better offense...but we were missing 2 star D players. Our lack of putting points on the board is now a serious issue. We can see now that our D isnt going to win us all these games. They deserve a better offense with the way they play. Our D is still one of the best in the league...but not the D i watched today on TV...we will get rid of that good for nothing coach WHO HASNT DONE ANYTHING FOR THIS TEAM IN 4 YEARS!!!!!!!!

Quick thing I should bring to everyones attention..
All of our STARS on defense are because of Jimmy Johnson. He brought them all to our team.

All DAVE has drafted is Chambers and McMichael...who are decent but no stars and we dont have the QB to get them the ball.

Sorry guys but it will still be another year or 2 until we finally get deep into the playoffs, MAYBE LONGER!!!

:cry: :fire: :yell:

I tend to agree with fin-atic. I think there will be big changes in the offseason......Coaching and philisophical....which will lead to player changes. I really think we're going to try and go to an attacking style of defense. We have got to get more penetration up the middle. Perhaps Timbo will be pushed out and we'll add a quick type of DT to accomodate.

Offensively, where do you begin?? We've got some keepers at the skill positions. But the line and the QBs have got to be overhauled. I think the WRs could hold some potential (Chambers, Tolver, Simmons, Newsome).

Back
Top Bottom