This is just what the doctors ordered...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is just what the doctors ordered......

Baz

Ephemeral
Reaction score
Face it guy, we lost to an inferior team. We can make excuses as to why, or blame it on Jay, the defense, Fletcher, or whoever the next scapegoat is. The fact is, we lost, and it may be just what we need. I'm sure more than a few players just dismissed this team and chalked it up as a win. Now that they were upset by a team with a mediocre offense(minus Tony Gonzales and Priest Holmes), they'll take every game more seriously. This could be the best thing that could have heppend to this team, especially this early in the season. Thankfully, the Patriots lost too, so we lost no ground on them......

The Pats loss is key, and honestly is the only reason i can be so positve right now. I think you really summed it up. Our defense, no matter how bad they looked today, is a solid group and needed to get bounced on their ass. If this team is half as good as i think they are our d will make some Patsies pay for the Cheifs scoring 48 points on them. I mean you have some players on our D with some huge egos and the Cheif just questioned all of thier man hood. I would expect them to come out like a bunch of crazy dogs for the home crowd next week.

Now that they were upset by a team with a mediocre offense(minus Tony Gonzales and Priest Holmes)

Do you really believe that the Chiefs have a mediocre offense after they wiped their shoes on every DB and LB on the team???

As for comming out fired up for the Pats, I can agree. But the Pats passing game is capable of doing the same as KC. Lets hope the defensive coaches pull out the new schemes and direct that rage into a win next week.

Everything that went wrong yesterday can be fixed. The secondary with the return of Surtain helps, better coverage schemes and accountabilty of the RB's and TE and the cut down of stupid penalities. The Pats aren't a team that is going to beat you deep. Its the mid-range passes 5-15 yards the move the Pats up and down the field. Thomas and Freeman have to be t the top of their game to stop this.

EVery year the team has one of these games....last year it was the Rams, the year before it was the midnight miracle...and then the team settles down.. and play great D..
I stated in pregame post that the cheif play the same O as the Rams and remember what the Rams did to us..our D doesn't match up well with that O for some reason..If you'd told me that we would hold Holmes to 52 yards and not win, I'd of laughed at you..especially since our o score 30 points I'd have thought that we'd win..but this is the NFL,...and on "Any given Sunday...things like this happen..Oh well now you guys can start talking about the Pats in earnest..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
EVery year the team has one of these games....last year it was the Rams,
the 9ers and the Jets... :(

and we were still 11-5 and easily could have won ag. NE and been 12-4. Let's hope there is only 1 or none of those stinkers left in us.

The coaching is what needs fixing. We cant rely on the passing game. We need Ricky in there running the ball. Period. This

takes time off the clock.

keeps our defense fresh.

keeps fiedler from throwing downfield every play.

keeps the other offense off the field (and points off the board.)

While on defense, we need to learn how to gameplan for the team that we are playing...not just for our own personnel, but for the team we are playing. NE stopped Gonzo, KC stopped McMichael, why couldn't we get a few hands on Gonzo. He wasn't always lining up in the backfield.

Oh, and calling any loss a "wakeup call" or "just what the Dr. ordered" is total bull****.

It's going to be interesting to see what Belichek (sp?) has planned for Fiedler and RW. He's pretty good at controlling opponents offense. However, if your D plays like it did your in trouble. If RW can do what Tomlinson did to them , you have a chance, but if your game will rely on Fiedler. Forget it.

We have owned NE lately. The only reasons they won in Foxboro last season was our run defense sucked ass, gadget plays and turnovers. Did I mention that our run defense sucked. New Englands receivers did nothing against us even the great Troy Brown :rolleyes:. If Surtain plays I think Brady will have his problems against our D. NE's running game has been almost non- exsistant and if that continues we will win. I keep telling Pats fans that after watching Dan Marino wing the ball around for 17 years that I know there is no way they win repeat as Super Bowl Champions if the run most of their offense passing from a spread formation. They will eventually need to run the ball and need to stop the run. This will be the week.

Maybe our defense thought yesterday's game was a monday night game since they forgot to show up :lol:

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Oh, and calling any loss a "wakeup call" or "just what the Dr. ordered" is total bull****.

No, it lets the team realize that no matter how much talent they have, they can lose to any team. Now that they know this, they won't overlook another team, bank on it.

Merman, I think if you take away Priest Holmes and Tony Gonzalez, they have a very mediocre offense. Tony Gonzalez is the one who ripped us a new *sshole. Plus, we were very intent on stopping Priest Holmes. Take those two away, they have a mediocre offense, and that was what I was implying. Had Pat been in the game, I think the score would have been down in the 30's. One more thing, WHY DOES EVERY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE HAVE BREAKOUT GAMES AGAINST US!

Back
Top Bottom