This is the dumbest loss in 20 years. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is the dumbest loss in 20 years.

Yeah We Can Beat Anyone Now! Except For A Less Than Mediocre Green Bay Team At Home In A Critical Game!

What don’t people understand. The team is 8-7. They have lost 4 in a row. They play losing football. The object of the game is to win. You do not get points for losing in a more palatable fashion. So it looks better with the highlight real plays on offense. Yay! Bottom line, we find ways to steal defeat from the jaws of victory. Despite the sexiness of some of the plays, we are a poorly coached team. Too many mistakes.

Same old Dolphins, same record as the teams of the last 20 years. Same choking in the big moments at the end of the season. We just have big plays now. What’s the difference on the scoreboard?

Special teams terrible again. The returns in the kicking game. The stupid squib. The field position we gave them. Another clutch missed FG at the most inopportune time by sucky Sanders.

The turnovers. The Mostert fumble at the worst time. Had the chance to run them right out of the building. Then the three awful interceptions.

The stupid penalties and lack of discipline.

The playcalling I still don’t get. Not much in the way of rhythm for the offense. Just a few big plays. But cannot matriculate the ball down the field in a tactical and consistent fashion. Part of the problem is don’t want to establish the run and stick with it.

Tua. Not good enough. Too small. Just too limited. One dimensional. Has to be surgical and perfect. It is an impossible task. He is not as bad as I thought he was, but he is also not good enough. And sadly, the NFL has figured him out. Tua and this offense is what we have seen the last 4 games. Pretty good sample set now that the NFL has film on Miami and figured out what to do. McDaniel has done a terrible job adjusting around this stuff and trying to hammer the ball with the run to offset some of i

Then the defense again. I guess they were stuck with terrible field position against them the whole game, but they cannot get off the field. Far from dominant.

Green Bay is not that good. They tried to give us the game. We just did a better job of giving it back to them.

The Giants are far less talented, and have a better record than we do. Daboll understands the game better. Is willing to win dirty. They play a more disciplined and mistake free game, so have a better record by just grinding it out.

At 8-7 we are really no different than all the other dreck teams like the Jets, but we are far more talented. We play stupid and find ways to lose games. Despite the sexiness, a gutless soft and poorly coached team.

No view on McDaniel potential, we have had far worse as head coaches, but I can only comment on what I see on the field of play now. And that is losing football.

Back
Top Bottom