This is why Miami wants Ron Wolf...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This is why Miami wants Ron Wolf......

And if we hire him, then we might as well just keep Spielman and let Wolf tell Spielman who to draft and go after during FA and let Rick just work the numbers. I'm sure Huizenga has the final say on everything that happens, so he can tell Spielman to do what Wolf says and just make the numbers work. That's just what I think we should do.

Huizenga is a very hands off owner. He doesn't have any influence over personnel decisions with the Dolphins.

I believe Ron's protege, Ted Thompson, will get the job though.

I think Savage will be given the job. i think spielman is the runner up. i would be happy with either. but the fact Savage is great when it comes to the draft, and he is young and has plenty of years ahead of him.

IMO, the negatives against Savage are that he has no experience on the pro scouting side of personnel, and the drafts he has coordinated have been very top heavy. Baltimore hasn't found many late round gems at all.

I think Ted Thompson gets it because he is more experienced on the pro scouting side, and he comes from the Ron Wolf school of drafting. His connection with Wolf will get him the job, IMO.

I like speilman and i think he could do a good job for a different team. I just can't see it working here. How could you go from Wanny being your boss to you know being his in a way. I feel like wanny would still have a large influence on what players they'd acquire. Not that we've done a bad job of getting players but I would like to see a change.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
IMO, the negatives against Savage are that he has no experience on the pro scouting side of personnel, and the drafts he has coordinated have been very top heavy. Baltimore hasn't found many late round gems at all.

I think Ted Thompson gets it because he is more experienced on the pro scouting side, and he comes from the Ron Wolf school of drafting. His connection with Wolf will get him the job, IMO.

i would glady take "top heavy." miami's drafts have suffered in all rounds. it's not like he would do bad.

also the ravens i believe lead the NFL with the people they draft remaining on the team. i don't know how to word that so it sounds garbled i'm sure.

the ravens are built from the draft and not much else. i would love to be able to recycle players each year and catch 1-2 good FA.

FA builds teams along with the draft. You cannot have one without the other. Baltimore signed some key contributors in their SB year, as did New England, and Tampa Bay.

Originally posted by Jaj
FA builds teams along with the draft. You cannot have one without the other. Baltimore signed some key contributors in their SB year, as did New England, and Tampa Bay.

name 1 good FA Baltimore has signed over the last 3 years thats made an impact? is that the reason baltimore was the youngest team in the playoffs? they sign hardly any FA and do it in the draft.

When they won the SB. Instead of acting ignorant go check. You will see they signed some key free agents.

Originally posted by Jaj
When they won the SB. Instead of acting ignorant go check. You will see they signed some key free agents.

yeah, 2 good players and they're Shannon Sharpe and Sam Adams... i didn't say they didn't get any FA, they get limited ones and build from the draft.

p.s. oh yeah, and trent dilfer :lol:

not ignorant, but correct.

Savage has a good track record of players from the draft being in the NFL still. I read (I thiink here) it was like 85%. That sounds good to me. I like Spielman also, but agree with what many have said about his relationship with Wanny.

I just hope they pick a good one.

:jetssuck: :billsbite :nesucks:

Ted Thompson is the guy we want, and need IMO....

He's been R. Wolf's right hand man for many years, they still talk regularly, and together, they would make the best GM outfit in the NFL...:D

There's nothing wrong with P. Savage, but if we want R. Wolf on board for the long haul, we'll need someone he's comfortable with. If we hired Savage instead of Thompson, R. Wolf may pack his bags and head elsewhere.....

This is our best chance to land two of the NFL's best talent evaluators. We MUST take advantage of it....

Hire Ted Thompson!!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Thompson will get it too. Wolf is high on Thompson, hell he hand picked the guy and told wanny to give him a call. Wolf probably said hire this guy and I'll stick around.

Thompson will get the job, as stated earlier he was Wolf's right hand man. And since we couldn't get Wolf for the GM job we will the next best thing which is Thompson.

The most positive thing that I can see out of this is we will finally go after a young QB. Other than that all of the candidates mean nothing to me being that I have no imput or inside knowledge of front office dealings and strategies.

Back
Top Bottom