This just in... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This just in...

kbeath

Come on fellas in 07
Reaction score
Maryland/ Now in FL near Davie I wonder why
This is not huge news but Nfl tv just said that the Dolphins had not named a Starter at QB heading into Training camp. I wish we would just name a starter and I am willing to suck it up, who ever it is and except it. I just think it helps the wrs, rbs, and te's to get the ball from the starting qb.

Starter for what position?

I think it's a bit premature to name starters when you've got a new coaching staff who are unfamiliar with the current roster, and with over a month and several more camps left to go. Way too early to name starters.

A new coach in this situation shouldn't name a starter this early. You give both a chance to impress or disappoint in training camp and pre-season, and give whoever you feel is more comfortable in the system and with the cast around him the chance to start.

Saban shouldn't be giving anyone anything free at this point.

Yeah man, let 'em battle it out and may the best man win.

My heart is pulling for AJ Feeley, but my head tells me Gus is going to win it.

Why in the world would we name any starter before preseason even started??

Let them all battle for a job!

Well according to Scott Linehan, he is very impressed with the progress that A.J. Feeley has made thus far.

Miami will just have to take the lesser of two evils.

kbeath said:
This is not huge news but Nfl tv just said that the Dolphins had not named a Starter heading into Training camp. I wish we would just name a starter and I am willing to suck it up, who ever it is and except it. I just think it helps the wrs, rbs, and te's to get the ball from the starting qb.

I don't think that Saban will go into the season like Wanny did last year...every year since Marino left, we have questioned who the QB starter would be...that was mostly due to Wanny and Ears inability to get the job done...Saban/Linehan will have the starters in place and it'll be their job to keep it...

I have a feeling Saban will name a starting QB for the preseason, and unless Feeley shows he can handle it Gus is the man (his momma should be ashamed of that name!). Saban will likely state that 'simply because someone starts the first preseason game doesn't guarantee he will start on opening day'. He'll elaborate no more on the matter and have the freedom to do whatever the f*ck he wants with the depth chart at every position on the roster, not just QB, without the media hawks eating him alive (helped by his penchant to shut them out).

It's Nick's honeymoon, and until he loses 4 or 5 games he's golden.

Back
Top Bottom