This proves that we have no championship defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This proves that we have no championship defense

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know that they've carried us all season..and that Miami's defense is very good, but the fact that the Colts have scored on 5 of 6 drives proves that we STILL don't have a great defense. The Colts have a great offense, but 5 out of 6?!! That's pathetic..pure and simple. We still can't come up with the big play at the big moment...we still miss tackles...and we still get out-coached and tricked when we play a top team. It's sad. I really though that this defense would be the real deal. I had hopes that we could be like the Bucs of 2002 or the Ravens of 2000...what a fool I was.

NO WAY... the defense played very very well...

Its the offense and more precisely, its the offensive line..

How can you stop the #2 offense in the league, when your own offense doesnt give you time to catch your breath??

Hey, I love the Dolphins as much as anyone but..c'mon..the defense played like crap today. The excuse is that their tired? PLEASE! The are supposed to be great. They have all those pro-bowlers...their tired?..they have to step up! Sure, the offense stinks..but the Ravens and Bucs championship teams didn't have incredible offenses and it didn't matter...their defenses stepped up against everyone.

Originally posted by Jeep
NO WAY... the defense played very very well...

Its the offense and more precisely, its the offensive line..

How can you stop the #2 offense in the league, when your own offense doesnt give you time to catch your breath??

Yes our O-line is not good, but our D has given up too many sustained drives we dont have many three and out's! We are just not a good TEAM!

What this proves is that our annual defensive collapse at the end of the year may happen before December

It might tell us somethin' about how much the D-Line needs...

Larry Chester, too. When you build a time around a dominating running game eating the clock and a d that goes out and shuts down the opposition - you need to have that dominating running game working.

We played a top offense today - they managed sustained scoring drives a lot of the time. They have work to do. But this offense needs to makle a contribution.

Gotta disagree with you guys...
Say what you want take all the stats you want but in the end our D gave the game to our O...
When the game was on the line our D stepped up and did what thay had to...Ou O didn't AND THATS WHY WE LOST THE GAME....
25 yards to go...thats all we needed for the win...couldnt get it done...Don't blame it on the D...

Most important stat of the day:

3rd down converstions

Miami: 1-10

Other than that, I think it was a well played game on both sides of the ball. Except, of course, for the o-line. The Dolphins had a chance to win.

I don't feel as bad about this loss as I did after the Texans or Patriots. I just don't see the Dolphins having a chance to make the playoffs in the AFC with their tough remaining shedule.

Go Broncos Go

Originally posted by Sydor25
Most important stat of the day:

3rd down converstions

Miami: 1-10

Other than that, I think it was a well played game on both sides of the ball. Except, of course, for the o-line. The Dolphins had a chance to win.

I don't feel as bad about this loss as I did after the Texans or Patriots. I just don't see the Dolphins having a chance to make the playoffs in the AFC with their tough remaining shedule.

Go Broncos Go

Go Broncos, the patsies losing tomorrow keeps us a half game back...its looking more and more like the only way we get in the playoffs is if we win our division, even if it means going 8-8 lol

On a seperate note Sydor, i see in your sig that the next game for the LA Kings is the Florida Panthers....go Panthers :)

Buckley came up big when we needed it. This was the offenses fault.

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Gotta disagree with you guys...
Say what you want take all the stats you want but in the end our D gave the game to our O...
When the game was on the line our D stepped up and did what thay had to...Ou O didn't AND THATS WHY WE LOST THE GAME....
25 yards to go...thats all we needed for the win...couldnt get it done...Don't blame it on the D...

its more like 15 yards... then 13 after Rickys 2 yard run

But yeah.. the D stepped up when it counted.. the O should have scored... but it didnt happen

enuff said

Yeah, the offense was given one last chance to win the game and they didn't come up with it which is still disappointing.

But as for the pace of the game.....

This is the most important stat of the game....

Time Of Possession IND 37:40 MIA 22:20

The defense just couldn't get off the field.

tony dungy is a defensive genius......he gave indy what they needed most and that was a defense

indy is a phenomenal team and their offense all the way around is amazing

i believe manning is the best or very close to the best qb in the league

he is smart......calls audibles at the line and has a cannon

our D played well...but they had some long drives where we had missed tackles and bad coverage

mannings playaction fake is as good as it gets

brian griese played well.......in the sandiego game last week he was pressured by their defense because our offensive line should be playing highschool football......

it is sad that the weakest link on our team went from being the QB to being the offensive line..........

who starts? griese starts................he is a great passer that has touch and strength.....but he needs a pocket because he is a pocket passer.......until we can give him that he will continue to be sacked

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama

mannings playaction fake is as good as it gets

brian griese played well.......in the sandiego game last week he was pressured by their defense because our offensive line should be playing highschool football......

it is sad that the weakest link on our team went from being the QB to being the offensive line..........

who starts? griese starts................he is a great passer that has touch and strength.....but he needs a pocket because he is a pocket passer.......until we can give him that he will continue to be sacked

Miami's D blew alot of 3rd and longs. I just don't think overall the team is good enough. We've not taken a step forward. I belive we keep taking steps back.

Back
Top Bottom